corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » hsbc credit card question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author hsbc credit card question
andys sxi
Premium Member

User status: Offline
31st May 11 at 17:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi i am going to be paying my holiday on my credit card in the next few days as this is the safest way these days. I dont want to pay it month by month was i was planning in paying it all off in the first month so i avoid any extra charges.

now my question is would i still be insured once i have paid it off incase anything happens?

i also bank with hsbc

thanks

April 08 feature car
Rob_Quads

31st May 11 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes you will be covered. This is the best way to do it. Put it on CC to get the extra protection then pay it off straight away
AndyKent

31st May 11 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Definitely, make no difference what bank you're with, or who issues the card.
andys sxi
Premium Member

31st May 11 at 22:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just wasn't sure with me paying it off straight away that I would be, thanks anyway

April 08 feature car
Sam
Premium Member

1st Jun 11 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anything paid over £100 on a credit card (regardless of issuer or whether you've paid your balance off or not) is covered by law - Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act (1974).
andys sxi
Premium Member

1st Jun 11 at 17:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think im covered then this is defintly over £100

[Edited on 01-06-2011 by andys sxi]

April 08 feature car
dannymccann

3rd Jun 11 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just make sure you pay it off, I have asked HSBC 3 times now (post, phone and online) to set a DD up to pay the full balance at the end of every month and the silly fuckers still cant manage it so now I have a late fee
andys sxi
Premium Member

3rd Jun 11 at 17:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no i dont need to do that because i dont normally use it i am only useing it to pay the holiday on it, then im going to leave it a week then pay it off, i will be doing it by internet banking so it will be fine

April 08 feature car
drunkenfool

5th Aug 11 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
Just make sure you pay it off, I have asked HSBC 3 times now (post, phone and online) to set a DD up to pay the full balance at the end of every month and the silly fuckers still cant manage it so now I have a late fee

Just write to them and ask them to put your credit card as a payee on your list of friends, family and others - that's what I've done and I can then make online payments whenever I want
spencer88

8th Aug 11 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann

Do they not tell you that you must continue making payments until it shows up as a direct debit?

Also, as drunkenfool says, although you can do it yourself on online banking! It is really not that hard.

[Edited on 08-08-2011 by spencer88]

New Poll