corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Plane day: Vulcan XH558

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Plane day: Vulcan XH558
gavin18787
Premium Member

User status: Offline
31st May 11 at 18:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For the fellow plane geeks

Popped down the road to the seafront to southend airshow over the weekend for my annual look around and for the first time since about 1992 southend had the privalege of a Vulcan been in attendance.

First time I have got to see it since its been back in the air as it was cancelled when I went to Farnborough last year

Was just as good as I remembered as a five year old, still makes your lungs vibrate on a low pass
Friends GF complained it set her car alarm off on her drive

Still impressive that something of that age and size can be as manovable as it is as the conditions were by no means nice on saturday. Even the Battle of britain flight got cancelled due to wind

couple of vids from youtube and mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlR56uHbLEU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqDBq2rDdw&feature=watch_response

Departing for southend, bet thats a good watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmpBxRjQJEs

Dont know whats happening from next year though as apparently its air certificate runs out in 2012

Southend airshow has been getting lesser and lesser over the last few years but the return of the vulcan, GR1 tornados and red arrows bumped it back up a notch this year

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
corsadonk
Premium Member

31st May 11 at 18:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I live near Fairford, Lynham and Brize Norton. So often see ramdon planes

Best I saw was at Kemble, and some bloke was ragging the fuck out of a Spitfire
Steve
Premium Member

31st May 11 at 18:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

uses the same engines as the TSR and concorde
jr

31st May 11 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well it's sort of does steve, but obviously with no reheat, but they are rr olympus yes
Generation

31st May 11 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went to this air show, got bored after about 5 mins, so went on the grabbers and had some chips
AlexSXI

31st May 11 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was lucky enough to see it at Farnborough on the saturday last year.

So i didn't bother with Southend this year due to weather.

But watching these videos makes me super excited for RAF Fairford in July
Tiger

31st May 11 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's 4 vulcan engines and all the remaining spares in my companies warehouse where I work. We rent it to 'Vulcan To The Sky'

The Vulcan landed at Bruntingthorpe on Saturday too.
Dean_W

31st May 11 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On one test flight the pilot took off and did a barrel roll off the runway.....mazin aircraft. Unfortunately we don't need deterrent like that anymore
richardworrall
Premium Member

31st May 11 at 21:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was out and about around finningly this weekend
jr

31st May 11 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dean_W
On one test flight the pilot took off and did a barrel roll off the runway.....mazin aircraft. Unfortunately we don't need deterrent like that anymore

Your talking about Rory falk I'm guessing, who was the test pilot who looped a b1 prototype at Farnborough airshow in the 50's, it's on YouTube, not quite a barrel roll however
ed

1st Jun 11 at 08:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They do look like something out of this world when doing a low fly-pass! Very intimidating.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

1st Jun 11 at 11:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One parked up at entrance to Carlisle Airport always stop for a min when working at airport for a quick look! Never seen one fly unfortunately!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Kerry

1st Jun 11 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I finally got to see it fly at lowestoft airshow last year i even stood in the pouring rain as id waited so long for the opportunity

deffo worth it
Fro

1st Jun 11 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would have gone to this aswell if i wasnt busy
DJMartin07

1st Jun 11 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never seen it fly. So wish I could afford to go to Fairford. Haven't been since I was 13 too any air show. Love the big bombers and transporters. Only one good thing about where I live though, any airshows at Duxford, or around the South that the Red Arrows and Battle Of Britain Memoriable Flight, fly over my house. Had the Spitfire, Hurricane and Lancaster Bomber do a low fly-by over my house about 30mins after they did Buckingham Palace.

My mom is a lucky fucker, as she's been in the Lancaster from when she was MOD in the USAF at Alconbury. She got to see so many cool planes, like the Lightning's last ever flight. Need the old skool British planes flying more oftern tbh.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Plane day: Vulcan XH558 24 database queries in 0.0158811 seconds