corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Astra Coupe/Convertible

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Astra Coupe/Convertible
Jambo

User status: Offline
6th Jun 11 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tensionors IIRC. Plus they drink oil form what im lead to beleive.
Mieran

6th Jun 11 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been looking at this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2001-VAUXHALL-ASTRA-16V-BERTONE-BLUE-/290570496244?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item43a759e8f4

Its local, and looks alright too, not sure about the engine.

My 1.8 had to be revved hard to go anywhere but did decent mpg when driven like a granny. These 2.2s have more torque, not sure if thats low down or have to be revved hard to.
Jambo

6th Jun 11 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats really nice
Love the colour very subtle. I usualy hate black leather interiors, but it suits the Astra and has different finishes all round so looks interesting.

Get that, if you dont i might
Corsa_Sport21

6th Jun 11 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine hasn't used any oil since i last changed it 1k miles ago.And thats with 105k under its belt.

Timing chains are the main issue.If its the original kit then it will have the old oil spray jet with the brass insert which can clog up,causing the chain to run dry and stretch then snap.
Or as said,the old style tensioner has a habbit of sticking,causing the chain to run slack and rattle,then snap.
The chain guides can also become brittle and break up.

My tensioner fuked up at 104k.New GM kit with updated oil squirter and Z20NET tensior from Ebay for 110quid and 4hrs work sorted it out.

Like many other Vauxhall's of that age,they do have sensor issue's like EGR sticking or CTS getting old and giving up.But both are cheap fixes and isn't a dead cert that they will fuk up.

My 2.2 has plenty low down grunt.Also has a nice unique engine note.

If i seen a nice Coupe,i probably wouldn't be too bothered about what engine was in it.But after having a 2.2 and driving my mates Z18XE Vectra,i would try and look for a 2.2 1st.IMO the Z22SE has better day to day drive-ability.

I put 25quid in mine last night and have done over 120miles(mostly motorway)with the odd blast up to 90 to pass cars,and the trip comp was showing on average 44mpg.Back in town it dropped slightly.
That gave me just under half a tank,and i now have just under 1/4 tank left.

[Edited on 06-06-2011 by Corsa_Sport21]
Mieran

6th Jun 11 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went to see the one in the link above.

Air con didn't work, chain never been replaced and due a service at april gone.

Offered him 1200 but he went mad and said he rather keep it so I told him to keep it then lol
Corsa_Sport21

6th Jun 11 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBF,400quid off a 1650quid car is quite alot to ask.Thats a quarter of the price off.

Seems to be a decent price as is anyway.You've got balls asking for that much off then walking away.
Mieran

6th Jun 11 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After the hassle I had selling mine, I'm not just going to pay whatever the seller wants

I only paid 1350 for mine, and that was last year
Jambo

7th Jun 11 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok so if i got a silver convertible i would want it to be a GSi lookalike as i can use GM parts and it not look like a ned shed. However, this caught my eye as it looks fucking AWEOSME:

Jambo

7th Jun 11 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This style though, wheels a shade lighter:

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Astra Coupe/Convertible 23 database queries in 0.0096381 seconds