corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Returned after a year out!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Returned after a year out!
Willox

User status: Offline
4th Jun 11 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well folks this must be the first time in over a year that I've been on corsasport due to a few different reasons. Mainly moving on to different cars and forums but since I'm here and the forum thats is related to my current car is like getting blood from a stone I thought I'll ask on here.

Anyways,i now have an onvi yellow mk4 ibiza cupra 1.8 20v turbo on a stage 1 revo map and a full blueflame decatted system but my clutch is slipping like a bitch a couple of weeks after my map was done due to the extra torque im guessing. It wasnt the best before anyway but was just wondering if any of you guys could suggest a new clutch that will cope with the power but not on a massive budget. I've heatd of a vr6 clutch and g60 flywheel combo but not too clued up so any help is appreciated!

Cheers and it's good to be back!,

Steve
DannyB
Premium Member

4th Jun 11 at 18:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi mate, welcome back
Brett
Premium Member

4th Jun 11 at 18:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just get a new standard one? You've not increased the power that much.
Steve
Premium Member

4th Jun 11 at 18:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

standard one will be fine

i know what you mean about blood from a stone other forums are crap
Willox

4th Jun 11 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys. Does £199 plus postage sound about right for the new clutch? That includes a single mass flywheel to do away with the dual mass flywheel? I dont fully understand what that is or if its a good or a bad thing to be honest!
daymoon
Premium Member

4th Jun 11 at 18:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have also heard of vr6 and g60 flywheel and clutch combo. Too many different opinions.

Standard one should be fine. I think a lot of people use Sach(sp) one?
Willox

4th Jun 11 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daymoon
I have also heard of vr6 and g60 flywheel and clutch combo. Too many different opinions.

Standard one should be fine. I think a lot of people use Sach(sp) one?

Yeh Ive heard about a Sachs organic clutch but from wharmt I beleive thats for big power and big budgets...£1100 or there abouts I beleive
daymoon
Premium Member

4th Jun 11 at 19:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thin kthey do std kits for about 600?
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

4th Jun 11 at 19:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can be on stage 2 with a standard clutch. Unless your going massive power forged internals etc etc
Willox

4th Jun 11 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok cheers vrsturbo! Can anyone explain the dual mass flywheel to single mass flywheel and whats better? I think the standard is a dual?
daymoon
Premium Member

4th Jun 11 at 20:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DMF is supposed to reduce the strain on gearbox and be smoother. often fails.
Single - solid... no springs to fail.. just clutch.
Willox

4th Jun 11 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers daymoon! Thats kinda made me unsure what to replace it with now as the gearboxes in the cupras arent exactly the strongest anyway and are common for going
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

4th Jun 11 at 20:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will be louder too
Ronson

5th Jun 11 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Willox
Cheers daymoon! Thats kinda made me unsure what to replace it with now as the gearboxes in the cupras arent exactly the strongest anyway and are common for going

Single would be better, dual mass have failed on the new astras and transit vans, they were so bad on the transit vans Ford stopped doing them.
andys sxi
Premium Member

5th Jun 11 at 13:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you got any pics i was going to get a mk4 cupra but insurance was too much at the time

April 08 feature car

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Returned after a year out! 24 database queries in 0.0104101 seconds