corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Help with redundancy

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help with redundancy
danny_dub

User status: Offline
23rd Jun 11 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work for a car sales in the marketing department. I mainly take photos of the cars, advertise them etc. The company have been making a few redundencys to save money for a new prep site.

At the beggining of this month I was told I might be made redundant. In the marketing department it was out of me and the other lad I work with. Basically they have made feeds that will do alot of the work so only need 1 person covering it all.

They scored us and whoever got the higher score would be safe in their job. I got the lower score because my pc skills wern't up to the standards of the other lad.

I have been with the company for just under 2 and a half years and have seen the company grow to a bigger site aswell as keeping the smaller 1. I started off as just a wash boy, moved onto valeting and now in marketing. Without sounding gay quite a few people wanted me to stay within the company so a few strings were pulled and I was going to move into the service department.

The directors got an email this morning saying someone else wants the prep centre paying more money etc so that isn't going ahead anymore. I had a meeting this morning saying I would be staying in marketing for the next month as the other lad is going on holiday. So in a months time i'm gonna be back in the same situation not knowing weather i'm staying or going.

Is there any clauses in the work law somewhere that say if they have offered me the service job they have to let me take it? Do people know any rights i'm entitled to as i'm truely fucked off now.
Brett
Premium Member

23rd Jun 11 at 10:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Verbal agreements aren't worth the paper they're printed on lol If it was me, I'd already be looking or be gone, no way I'd be covering someone's holiday so they can bin me when they're back.
Mistamist

23rd Jun 11 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

find something else fast. get paid then do one whilst the other guy is on holiday.
taylorboosh

23rd Jun 11 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be thankful they said they would give you the service job. Speak to the gaffer and get reasurance the service job will still be available for you when the lad returns, graft your arse of for a month and show how capable you are, the other lad may then get the push or they will decide your too good to lose and as before put you in service
danny_dub

23rd Jun 11 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm entitled to redundency pay so I cant just leave. I dont wanna leave but I have no idea whats gonna happen in a months time
JM_16v

23rd Jun 11 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how old are you?

under 22 and redundancy pay was shocking when i worked.

1/2 a week for every full year youve worked there

so your get one weeks pay
danny_dub

23rd Jun 11 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aahh I didnt know that! I'm only 21! I gotta clued up on all of this!
taylorboosh

23rd Jun 11 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stick in and they may keep their word is my advice.. the way i see it, its an extra months work when you couldve been on the dole...

Starting applying now may be smart though
BarnshaW

23rd Jun 11 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont snub your nose at the extra month, thats an extra months worth of money while you can look for another job!!
N3CRO

23rd Jun 11 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mistamist
find something else fast. get paid then do one whilst the other guy is on holiday.
JM_16v

23rd Jun 11 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by danny_dub
aahh I didnt know that! I'm only 21! I gotta clued up on all of this!

they can give you better package, but thats statory

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/RedundancyAndLeavingYourJob/Redundancy/DG_174330
Fad

23rd Jun 11 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would talk to them and explain how you feel, state you want to stay with the company but are feeling a little pushed out. If they cannot give you any concrete confirmation with what is happening, start looking elsewhere.

You are the only person who can get you out of this situation and being complacent can catch you out.
Jed D

23rd Jun 11 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd be hunting like fuck for another job now, much much easier to get one when you've still got one, but if you do lose it the fact you haven't been unemployed for long will help a little. just when a new job asks what have you done for the last x amount of months and you say nothing not only do you lose a lot of self confidence but it doesn't look good and you sound like a successful 21 year old so far so keep it up

and good luck
danny_dub

23rd Jun 11 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think I need to ask and see whats gonna happen in a months time. The service manager said to me earlier that there still a man down over there waiting for me. Whys nothing ever simple!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Help with redundancy 23 database queries in 0.0118189 seconds