corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Took the Mini to the Evo Triangle last weekend...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Took the Mini to the Evo Triangle last weekend...
Rich H

User status: Offline
   23rd Jun 11 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wanted to go to the Evo Triangle for a while now. Decided to use my birthday as an excuse to take some time off work and rack up some miles on the Mini. Went up with Neil Dagen's from on here and a couple of others

For those who don't know what the Evo Triangle is: http://www.drivingroads.co.uk/evo-triangle

Also did a few other roads within Snowdonia National Park and within North Wales - racked up just under 1000 miles in 2 days

View from the campsite:

An awesome stretch of the A5 towards Anglesey:

Couple of pics of Neils Type R on that road:

Bikes at Anglesey:

Long place name that looked amusing on the Volvo dealership in the town - went on forever

Randoms:

On the straight on the Evo Triangle:

Ended up cooking my brakes after a bit of a play on the Triangle Is a great road, but imo, nowhere near as amazing as people make out - found far better roads up there!

Had been toying with the idea of selling the Mini, but have fallen in love with it again now

Couple of vids:

Driveby: http://youtu.be/YYYXwbm1dtw - didn't realise how loud the standard exhaust is tbh!

Popping exhaust http://youtu.be/RuuwungfXlk

Various clips from the Triangle filmed on one of those spy cams: http://youtu.be/nN0wfhYHb6o?hd=1

richc

23rd Jun 11 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds nice from the back
Rich H

23rd Jun 11 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You hardly hear it inside tbh - was surprised just how loud it was when I got my mate to drive it up that straight. Pops when you change gear too
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

23rd Jun 11 at 23:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know what you mean about better roads, I was over there last week for work and there were a few better roads I came across after the triangle, over Snowdonia sort of way. I love the B4501 stretch though, apart from the crest into a left hander that caught me by surprise on my 1st time round there, ended up properly broadside with Mattk in the passenger seat That stretch just inspires confidence, quite fast and easy to carry speed then there's one turn that tries to kill you
Rich H

24th Jun 11 at 06:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh I took it easy on a lot of it just because I didn't want to end up on the wrong side of the road in a ditch or hitting a another car.

Some of it you start driving quicker, then a change of camber or a 'sharper than it looked' corner pops up!

[Edited on 24-06-2011 by Rich H]
Daveskater
Premium Member

24th Jun 11 at 07:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's nothing like the feeling of going round a "sharper than it looked" corner, coming out on the wrong side of the road and then surviving

But in all seriousness, I'd like to do something like this but don't have anyone to go with

[Edited on 24-06-2011 by Daveskater]

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
AlunJ

24th Jun 11 at 07:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have some awesome roads in Wales fair play, must get up there some day!
gez bay

24th Jun 11 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

evo triangle is on the 'to do' list for me.
done most of the roads worth visiting down this end of wales.

[Edited on 24-06-2011 by gez bay]
Ben J

24th Jun 11 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
yeh I took it easy on a lot of it just because I didn't want to end up on the wrong side of the road in a ditch or hitting a another car.

Some of it you start driving quicker, then a change of camber or a 'sharper than it looked' corner pops up!

[Edited on 24-06-2011 by Rich H]

This is what happened to me when I thought I was going to die in the VXR.

Went into one corner way too fast and it was sharper than it looked, ended up on wrong side of the road, unsighted. If someone had been coming the other way it would have been head on.

Also had a few tail happy moments under heavy braking too.

[Edited on 24-06-2011 by Ben J]
corsadonk
Premium Member

24th Jun 11 at 09:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike B
I know what you mean about better roads, I was over there last week for work and there were a few better roads I came across after the triangle, over Snowdonia sort of way. I love the B4501 stretch though, apart from the crest into a left hander that caught me by surprise on my 1st time round there, ended up properly broadside with Mattk in the passenger seat That stretch just inspires confidence, quite fast and easy to carry speed then there's one turn that tries to kill you

Was that in a Transit? It always surprises me how well they handle really

Some really great roads round my area, which are pretty quite to.

Also on another note, how are you finding Evo? I don't buy it anymore, found it's gone down hill since Mr Meaden and the others left.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

24th Jun 11 at 11:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The trip last week was in my Combo, the trip when I nearly died was in my black Corsa Don't think I've ever been that sideways and recovered it, managed to stay on my side too
Daveskater
Premium Member

24th Jun 11 at 12:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because you are a man tbh

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Neil Dagens

24th Jun 11 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like the civic may need lowering

excellent weekend though!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Took the Mini to the Evo Triangle last weekend... 24 database queries in 0.0101531 seconds