corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » driving on track with puncture repaired tyres

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author driving on track with puncture repaired tyres
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
29th Jun 11 at 09:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
So you rang Toyo the people whom make the tyres to ask if you needed more..... Is it just me that seems to think thats rather silly thing to do. As if they are going to say no they will be fine.

i called the motorsport/technical peeps..

they said its 50/50, they cant see it being a problem but just 'what if' sorta thing. in no way did i feel lie he was trying to sell me tyres.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

29th Jun 11 at 09:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But the what if could be for anything. Its 50/50 on pretty much everything it either happens or it wont.
chris_uk
Premium Member

29th Jun 11 at 09:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very true, but id rather not think about what if when im driving, it will be my first time on track and ill be crapping it as it is, i dont really need that on my mind too..

i will keep the tyres and when these dye, ill just pop the old ones back on.
chris_uk
Premium Member

29th Jun 11 at 12:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

new ones arrived today

Graham88

29th Jun 11 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's just a 'what if' that wasn't worth the risk, if anything was to happen as a result of the repair you'd be kicking yourself for not just spending a couple of hundred more on a fresh set of tyres. It's not like you can't still use the tyres after just not when you are flat out!
On another note, you managed to get hold of R888's really easily, everyone I know is struggling to get hold of a set!
ianofbhills

29th Jun 11 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
On another note, you managed to get hold of R888's really easily, everyone I know is struggling to get hold of a set!

Not a popular size 195/50/16 so i guess they are old stock still left from pre earthquake.
antnee

29th Jun 11 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are still coming into the country, various companies that supply race series are fine.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » driving on track with puncture repaired tyres 23 database queries in 0.0057020 seconds