corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » BT Landline Number Question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BT Landline Number Question
James

User status: Offline
8th Jul 11 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We've just instructed O2 to move our landline from BT to O2 porting the old number across. In summary, O2 have fucked up. They have disconnected the old number and set us up with a new one. They have admitted it's their mistake but they say there is absolutely no way they can get the number back as it has gone into BT's pool of phone numbers to be re-used.

Now the disconnection only happened yesterday, I find it hard to believe that within less than 24 hours the phone number is lost forever. I'm going to phone BT tomorrow to check but does anyone know if that's correct?
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

8th Jul 11 at 21:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup its correct. very hard to get it back
_Allan_

8th Jul 11 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The g/fs BT account got disconnected by Sky accidently when moving a business line to residential. This went on for over 3 weeks and the original land line number was got back eventually. This was after a temporary land line number was issued. I'm pretty sure the old number won't have been allocated to someone else in that short a timeframe. If it's like cell phone number I believe the pool of numbers is on hold until a good few months later. To give time for everyone to update their records. Otherwise you would have people ringing you on your new number constantly for the old holders.

Good luck with BT though. You will get the run round probably. Might want to push O2 more to liaise with them directly however BT have ultimate control of the network so should be able to sort it out.
John

8th Jul 11 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BT are easily in the top 5 worst companies in the world, just to give you a heads up. Even if it was possible they'd do everything in their power to mess it up.
Matty SRi

8th Jul 11 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same happened to me when i changed from virgin to sky, got told i would have the same phone number... few weeks letter, received a letter with my new phone number on.

New Poll