corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bloody cars

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bloody cars
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   9th Jul 11 at 12:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just need a rant:

Bought the MX5 out this morning for the first time in a week or so. Passenger window is now sulking in the door and not wanting to come back up. It is also dying for some new alloys/tyres.

Mum's car (SLK) needs a service but before that I have to remove 100000000 peices of plastic to remove the sump plug and oil filter.

KA is leaking brake fluid from the threads of the band spanking new bleed nipples. And it's leaking coolant from a gasket.

Alfa wants a service costing £277 and some new front pads (might do that myself though lol)

That's better

[Edited on 09-07-2011 by pow]
chrisritch

9th Jul 11 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

atleast the prius is ok?
pow
Premium Member

9th Jul 11 at 12:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That one isn't my problem. Thank fuck. Theres still a Capri sulking at the back of the garage that needs a few bits doing and an MOT. *sigh* I need a week off!
chrisritch

9th Jul 11 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a week off to fix my car next week. 90% certain its the gear linkage now
adiohead

9th Jul 11 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
nipples.

corsarooney
Premium Member

9th Jul 11 at 13:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloody things are money pits!

Btw pow if you heard/saw/got woken up by a noisy black corsa being kicked the life out of round windsor last nite
that would be me

Corsa 1.6 sport - 1
1.7 puma engined fiesta - 0

Keeping corsa's on the redline since 2008
ed

9th Jul 11 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well this was interesting. Thanks for sharing.
pow
Premium Member

10th Jul 11 at 09:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsarooney
Bloody things are money pits!

Btw pow if you heard/saw/got woken up by a noisy black corsa being kicked the life out of round windsor last nite
that would be me

I went for a smash round Windsor LATE last night cos I couldn't sleep in the Mazda, got pulled over for coming a little sideways off the King Edward Court round-a-bout and he was having a chat to me about cars in general. A black MiTo went past and he was like - yeah they're nice, my wife wants one, theres one with POW on it round here... I was like lol it's mine.
DaveyLC

10th Jul 11 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow

KA is leaking brake fluid from the threads of the band spanking new bleed nipples. And it's leaking coolant from a gasket.
quote:

Wrong length/pitch bleed nipple or you didnt clean out the hole before you put the new one in.
pow
Premium Member

10th Jul 11 at 09:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't clean the hole out no. Fuck knows what I'm going to do with it. Dad suggested some PTFE

[Edited on 10-07-2011 by pow]
DaveyLC

10th Jul 11 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Clean the hole out with a cotton bud, both faces need to be clear or it wont seal, its not the thread that seals a bleed nipple is the contact inside..
pow
Premium Member

10th Jul 11 at 09:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

H'ok I'll give it a go DIVID

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bloody cars 24 database queries in 0.0138810 seconds