corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Interesting post on driving without insurance

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Interesting post on driving without insurance
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
14th Jul 11 at 18:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Driving illegally raises the cost for all motorists so its actually a false economy. even from the individual point, there are now too many ANPR cameras and ANPR cars on the road and the ANPR network is growing rapidly to get away with it long term without getting caught or going to stupid lengths to drive backward routes to avoid fixed cameras.

the arguement of "so what if i get caught" doesnt hold water unless you totally give up on society. You work for a living and your fines WILL be high. Also refusing to pay them will mean they will take it from your wages on a court order, take property from your house and when the figures get high enough, take your house if you have equity. All without having to go bankrupt and all on a court order. Oh plus eventually they will imprison you for contempt of court, plus if you keep getting caught take and crush your cars and lock you up for the driving offences....

so the only way to "get away" with it is to become a scum benefit scrounger. Do it properly and they wont get more than £5 a week off you and the once every 2 years prison sentance of a month or two will reset all the fines to zero allowing you to start again. That is how petty criminals continue to survive in the UK. You deliberately choose not to have a bank account and the benefits agency will give you an "emergency giro" (yes despite its deliberate and not an emergency) of which they can only take £5 a week in fines. Then you will live in a house you rent off a social landlord/council with your teen pregnancy slut missus with multiple kids. Then the court appointed debt collectors wont be able to take anything as its not yours, its hers. Plus they cant force her door to take items anyway so she can just tell them to f*ck off when they knock anyway...... your income would be limited to £26k under new rules but that wouldnt stop you claiming DLA for a "having to do an honest days work activated" back problem. plus of course you will obviously commit other petty crimes and work cash in hand to fund a decent lifestyle. And then you will laugh all the way to the bank at the "stupid people" who work for a living.

so no, for someone with any sense of moral fibre, driving illegally isnt a viable option.

although i would never entertain it, I can see why the option of driving uninsured and risking it in this financial environment is attractive
Ojc

14th Jul 11 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What?
Steve
Premium Member

14th Jul 11 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

someone explaining what exactly happens if you dont bother with insurance and get caught.

answer = fuck all if you are council house and violent

might be of interest to you actually
Nath

14th Jul 11 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alan-g-w

14th Jul 11 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

'plus they can't knock her door in to take items...'

Clearly they could if it was your items they were after and your known address was 'her' house. Also I love the fact that whoever's written that talks about a month or two in prison like it's a scoosh just to strengthen his whiny argument. It's something that's going to happen when you have tens of millions of vehicles on the road, this person needs to accept that fact and get on with his own life. It's not like he's telling us anything new or suggesting any sort of solution to the problem, if I want to read someone moaning pointlessly i'll read Just Joan.
Jambo

14th Jul 11 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate of mine never had car insurance, for something like 10years. Some old codger crashed into him and wrote his car off which was on its last legs anyway.

£600 fine, 6points.

So worth it IMO.

[Edited on 14-07-2011 by Jambo]
Brett
Premium Member

14th Jul 11 at 18:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The car they're driving would need to be insured so it didn't get picked up by every traffic car it passes.
alan-g-w

14th Jul 11 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plus it would mean kicking about in a shitter
richc

14th Jul 11 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
Plus it would mean kicking about in a shitter

I sold a saxo vtr to a lad who when signing the log book went, ' i haven.t got to fill in the licence number bit cuz' i aint got one'

And he went ' im only going to work in it which is only a few miles away so no point insuring it'

I was like o
Jamie-C

14th Jul 11 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A lad across the road for me got someone else to insure his car, so when he gets pulled he gives the copper the other lads details and hes on his way.

Hes permanently lost his licence which is why he can't insure it himself
Darrell16v

15th Jul 11 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol.. A mate of mine is got his dad to insure his car in his name and his son has the same name so he just gives his licence and insurance and the cops just let him go on lol Better than paying £3400 for insurance!
Ben G

15th Jul 11 at 04:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
A lad across the road for me got someone else to insure his car, so when he gets pulled he gives the copper the other lads details and hes on his way.

Hes permanently lost his licence which is why he can't insure it himself

Happens alot that, especially with asians who all seem to have the surname patel or singh.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Interesting post on driving without insurance 23 database queries in 0.0124059 seconds