corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Rear disc conversion issues (using Astra G hubs)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rear disc conversion issues (using Astra G hubs)
Will94

User status: Offline
17th Jul 11 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Carrying out a conversion, using some kit parts i've had kicking around for a long time so no instructions left, as advised i welded on the axle plates like this:

Which meant the calipers sat as they did on the Astra G axle pointing straight back, like this:

However now the handbrake cables dont clear the bottom of the axle:

Now, if i mounted the weld-on plates the other way round so the kick out part was pointing forwards instead of backwards, the calipers would sit like this:

And the cables would clear the bottom of the axle:

So how is it meant to be? What am i doing wrong here or have i missed something dead simple lol

New Poll