corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Dilema

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dilema
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Jul 11 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So i sold the VTS, got about 1k aside that i could go buy something mediocre with.

I kinda want to keep the GSI & do a restoration on it given the amount left etc.

But part of me just wants to punt it and put the money to a decent car, then i know i've a solid daily runner and can maybe buy another Corsa toy at a later date.

What would you do ?
DannyB
Premium Member

18th Jul 11 at 16:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd buy a decent run around with that and take the GSI off the road to spend time on.
Corsa_Sport21

18th Jul 11 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends how much it is going to cost to restore and what you would want from the outcome.

Throw alot of cash at it and be prepared to lose alot at the same time.

There isn't alot left,but they still won't command a premium anytime soon.
Toby
Premium Member

18th Jul 11 at 16:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

spend the grand on the corsa and get it running right. You could buy another car if you sold the corsa with that and the grand but that could break just as easily and then your left with no project and a broken daily.
Archie
Premium Member

18th Jul 11 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby
spend the grand on the corsa and get it running right.

Runs & Drives perfectly fine, just fitted a 68k engine to it.

And not in my right mind would i blast 1k on it in one go either, if i'm restoring it i'm buying a runner.

Just cant decide if its the right thing to do, or if its time to grow up and buy something bigger faster newer then buy one in a year or so to tinker with on the side.

[Edited on 18-07-2011 by Archie]
Archie
Premium Member

18th Jul 11 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Depends how much it is going to cost to restore and what you would want from the outcome.

Throw alot of cash at it and be prepared to lose alot at the same time.

There isn't alot left,but they still won't command a premium anytime soon.

If i kept it and done that it'd be on classic insurance and used once a blue moon, shows probably and the occasional cruise.
pow
Premium Member

18th Jul 11 at 16:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a nice reliable runaround for 1k and play with the corsa IMO
Corsa_Sport21

18th Jul 11 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you are after something faster and newer then i would say now is the time to do it.

Getting a cheap runner and tinkering with the Corsa on the side will more than likely tie up you're finances for a good while.Which means you won't get something you want anytime soon.

I always say that if you're thinking about selling something then do it,as it will always be at the back of you're mind.
Toby
Premium Member

18th Jul 11 at 16:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Archie
quote:
spend the grand on the corsa and get it running right.

Runs & Drives perfectly fine, just fitted a 68k engine to it.

And not in my right mind would i blast 1k on it in one go either, if i'm restoring it i'm buying a runner.

Just cant decide if its the right thing to do, or if its time to grow up and buy something bigger faster newer then buy one in a year or so to tinker with on the side.

[Edited on 18-07-2011 by Archie]

Define 'Restoring' it then if its running right? Not sure what you are wanting to achieve with the corsa?

TBH as well your hardly going to get something grown up with a grand and the pocket change from the GSI
Archie
Premium Member

18th Jul 11 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Define 'Restoring' it then if its running right? Not sure what you are wanting to achieve with the corsa?

TBH as well your hardly going to get something grown up with a grand and the pocket change from the GSI

Full respray, source a mint drivers seat, wheel refurb, replace all the bushes, brake pipes, suspension, wheel bearings etc.

I'd expect about £800 maybe £900 back for the GSi, then i'd probably have another £2/300 saved over the coming weeks.

Suppose it all depends how you define a grown up car, i'm talking like a couple of grand on an Audi A3 Turbo or something along those lines.
Archie
Premium Member

18th Jul 11 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
I always say that if you're thinking about selling something then do it,as it will always be at the back of you're mind.

Valid point, but i have owned 40 car in 5 years
Toby
Premium Member

18th Jul 11 at 18:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Full respray, source a mint drivers seat, wheel refurb, replace all the bushes, brake pipes, suspension, wheel bearings etc.

I'd expect about £800 maybe £900 back for the GSi, then i'd probably have another £2/300 saved over the com
ing weeks.

Suppose it all depends how you define a grown up car, i'm talking like a couple of grand on an Audi A3 Turbo or something along those lines.

If an Audi is on the list don't contemplate keep a vauxhall. Go for the Audi then, just be weary that it will be a high miler so may not be a cheaper reliable option.
Archie
Premium Member

18th Jul 11 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

I'd expect about £800 maybe £900 back for the GSi, then i'd probably have another £2/300 saved over the com
ing weeks.

If an Audi is on the list don't contemplate keep a vauxhall. Go for the Audi then, just be weary that it will be a high miler so may not be a cheaper reliable option.

To be expected given my budget, any maintainance is only going to be price of parts anyway since i'm a mechanic to trade.

I'm so bloody indesicive
fazza

18th Jul 11 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im the same as you archie

keep thinking I want something newer etc, but whenever i get something newer etc I think there boring and want another corsa again

everyone looks at you like your a chav cunt in the GSi

Anty
Premium Member

18th Jul 11 at 21:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mk4 astra sri? ?? punto..??? what takes your fancy ?
Jed D

18th Jul 11 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i sold a b to get something practical and that, for the family....
worst thing i ever done, wont get rid of this one unless its for another, although im tempted by nova's from time to time
Jed D

18th Jul 11 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Anty
punto..??? ?

NOOOO! dont do it
derick-sport

19th Jul 11 at 07:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sell everything club your money together and start from fresh
taylorboosh

19th Jul 11 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea get yourself something nice... Golf or leon ect
JordyCarter

19th Jul 11 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd go for the new car option I'm sure with the right amount of time put in you can find a nice car for yourself that's reliable and meets your needs. can always get a corsa shitter and put a gsi kit on
Corsa_Sport21

19th Jul 11 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a Vectra C Gsi.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Dilema 23 database queries in 0.0151711 seconds