corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » insurance

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author insurance
Alex_Rally

User status: Offline
19th Jul 11 at 06:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i need to bring a 4x4 back from about 100miles away from my house , but i cant add it to me current policy because it runs out on monday, (this is what i normally do).
was thinking, it is going to be my daily driver after monday if i just took any policy out on it then rang up and cancelled it once i had got home, and parked the car up till monday , when il get my new policy started.

because i seem to remember something along the lines of a 14 day cancelation period, and say i cancelled the poicy after 4 days or so would i just pay for 4 days of insurance , and would i probably get hit with a cancelation charge, or with it being in the 14 days would that not happen ???

any help would be sweet
taylorboosh

19th Jul 11 at 06:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can get day insurance for like £20
Alex_Rally

19th Jul 11 at 07:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i tryed that and they wanted 200quid for 4 days , im only 21 as well so lots of them wanted me to be 25yrs old as well
Neo

19th Jul 11 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

https://www.tempcover.com/

Very cheap day insurance, and will insure you only for 1 day. Don't have to be 25 or anything.
Jed D

19th Jul 11 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mates just killed his 1.4 lupo, has points and is only 20 years old, he's borrowed a family members mk4 golf gti 2.0l and he's paying less than £35 a week insurance, il ask him who its with for you bud

think taking up the policy and cancelling is breaching the policy and i dont think you'll get your deposit back, plus they a chance to charge you cancellation fee's/admin fee's and you'll have to tell your next insurer resulting in your premium going up. done something similar on an old 306 i had, purely fucked me off
Alex_Rally

19th Jul 11 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tryed the temp cover ppl and wont cover me
DanCobb

19th Jul 11 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think you get your money back if you cancel within the 14 days, with no charge. But I'd phone them up to make sure though
Jed D

19th Jul 11 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DanielJamieCobb
Think you get your money back if you cancel within the 14 days, with no charge. But I'd phone them up to make sure though

didn't work out anything like this for me mate. took up the policy, got the cover note from them that they kindly changed loads of details without my permission and when i rang up to cancel as they put prices up and everything they said there's a cancellation fee, admin fee and it wont get sorted for another 5 working days which took me past the 14day of insurance, purely fucked me off a good couple of hundred for 2 weeks insurance

have you tried swinton? heard there ok for temp cover

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » insurance 23 database queries in 0.0083439 seconds