corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » L.S.D

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author L.S.D
matty280880

User status: Offline
28th Jul 11 at 06:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WERE IS THE BEST AND CHEAPEST PLACE TO GET A L,S,D FOR A F20 C20LET
Steve
Premium Member

28th Jul 11 at 06:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try rally design
FlamingCorsa

28th Jul 11 at 06:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

remember that cheapest is not gonna be best!

i have just been looking inot lsd for my ,32 box and aster reserch u can get lsd for £425 from one company, quaffe is around £585 or can get wavetec which is £830ish!

they all prob do the job but lots of people have bought the quaffe and year latter bought the wavetec! cos its beta!

so i have ordered a wavetec! it maybe worth u spending the estra to get a diff thats best for u!
Steve
Premium Member

28th Jul 11 at 06:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats better about the wavetrac?

[Edited on 28-07-2011 by Steve]
broster
Premium Member

28th Jul 11 at 06:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The wavetrac is a good diff, i would be tempted with one, then you have the KAAZ diffs, which are better again, but cost more.

value for money wise (if you can say that for something costing £600ish) the Quaife ATB is a great all rounder
matty280880

28th Jul 11 at 06:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quaffe IS THE CHEAPEST IM RUNNING 230 BHP SO NOT BIG POWER TBH SO DO U THINK THIS WILL DO THE JOB TIME TO START SAVING 1 THINKS LOL

[Edited on 28-07-2011 by matty280880]
broster
Premium Member

28th Jul 11 at 06:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much do you want to spend, thats going to be the deciding factor.

We fit more Quaife than most other brands, simply down to it being one of the most affordable.

they do perform really well, if your racing the car then you may see a benefit with another brand diff, but in all honesty you cant really go wrong with the ATB.
matty280880

28th Jul 11 at 06:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

NO I WANT REALLY BE RACING ALL THE TIME PV AND A FEW DAUL RACES WILL BE ABOUT IT JUST COMING OUT OF BENDS I ALL MOST INPOSS TO GET POWER DOWN TBH THANKS
Steve
Premium Member

28th Jul 11 at 06:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try some throttle regulation, thats free
matty280880

28th Jul 11 at 06:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LMAO I DO TRY BUT I GET CARRYED AWAY SOME TIME AND LIGHT THEM UP AND ALWAY ON AND OF THE THOTTLE BY THE TIME I GET TRACKION IT OEVER
broster
Premium Member

28th Jul 11 at 07:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i say racing i dont mean street racing.

ATB will be fine
taylorboosh

28th Jul 11 at 07:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why caps?
Steve
Premium Member

28th Jul 11 at 07:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fit some of these to it

Pridzz

28th Jul 11 at 07:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Caps FTW, If your guna be racing for slips Y0' then ATB is a great all rounder, Exspecially for the price, It will be 10x Better then now anyway.
Mieran

28th Jul 11 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stop shouting ffs

Quaife is the cheapest you can get for a F20, some people say box won't last with LET power and a diff fitted

[Edited on 28-07-2011 by Mieran]
FlamingCorsa

28th Jul 11 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
whats better about the wavetrac?

[Edited on 28-07-2011 by Steve]

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?102214-Quaife-v-wavetrac&highlight=wavetec+v+quaffe

have a little read of that link steve, there a few posts saying same thing, people going from standard to quaffe then to wavetec!

from wot i gather guy who workied for quaffe left, redesigned the already good quaffe design and improved it and paintented the new design ........ wavetec was born!
Steve
Premium Member

28th Jul 11 at 13:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv seen what its meant to be better at, perosnally i cant really see justification in the extra price, seems to mainly offer some sort of advantage for when a wheel is lifted and the diff isnt under load, however why would the car benefit when there is no load through the wheels, seems a bit internet
lee303

28th Jul 11 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the funny thing about that link is that the guy goes on about how different the wavetec is off the line and under power out of corners, but the design and website says the main difference is to be found in no load conditions, i.e not when on a corner exit or launching the car
spikedjack

28th Jul 11 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
iv seen what its meant to be better at, perosnally i cant really see justification in the extra price, seems to mainly offer some sort of advantage for when a wheel is lifted and the diff isnt under load, however why would the car benefit when there is no load through the wheels, seems a bit internet
FlamingCorsa

29th Jul 11 at 08:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am paying extra 100 for wavetec over quaffe ......seemed worth it after reading reviews and comparisions! who knows..... i have never even driven a fwd car with a diff! lol

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » L.S.D 23 database queries in 0.0117478 seconds