corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Acer Aspire 5742Z Laptop

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Acer Aspire 5742Z Laptop
Tom G

User status: Offline
29th Jul 11 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ebuyer.com/257450-acer-aspire-5742z-laptop-lx-r4p02-180

I know Acer gets slated alot but what will this be like? Seems quite highly spec'd for the price?
Anyone link me up? Pow/Dom etc for something 300ish?

Cheers Guys
Planty02

29th Jul 11 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I personally rate acer kit. A few of the schools I work in have them and are very happy with them. Also my other half has an aspire which has lasted 18 months+ so far and still going strong.

That one looks a good spec for the money
noshua

29th Jul 11 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Old spec, stretch the budget a tiny bit more and you'll get a much better spec, e.g.;

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/asus-x52f-ex582v-core-i5-laptop-341-99-delivered-from-coop-electrical-shop-using/984573

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/dell-15-vostro-laptop-amd-radeon-1gb-graphics-sandybridge-i5-2410m-4gb-ram-500gb/986168

Ant B

29th Jul 11 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i too rate acer well me and my mate has an acer pc and mine has run nice and fast for a few years
Tom G

29th Jul 11 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does the RAM actually matter that much as you see 2GB then 4 GB on the sale priced lap tops. Obviously one might be DDR2 and DDR3 etc
Planty02

29th Jul 11 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It all depends what you intend to use it for really. Sale price laptops could be older spec CPU etc.

I would say 2gb would be ok for web browsing and general stuff but I'd go for 3gb+ for future proofing
_Allan_

29th Jul 11 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pity you didn't ask earlier. They were offering these the other week for £250 posted on ebay from their official outlet.

My bad it wasn't, it was this spec though. Still a good price.

Condition: New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging is applicable). If the item comes direct from a manufacturer, it may be delivered in non-retail packaging, such as a plain or unprinted box or plastic bag. See the seller's listing for full details. See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab... Read moreabout the condition Brand: Acer
Primary Drive: DVD+/-RW Processor Type: Intel Celeron Dual Core T3500
Features: 10/100 LAN Card, Carrying Case, Operating System, USB, WiFi Enabled Processor Speed: 2100
Hard Drive Capacity: 500.0 Memory (RAM): 4GB
Screen Size: 15.6

[Edited on 29-07-2011 by _Allan_]
Tom G

29th Jul 11 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will be used for web and office. Probably play things through it too, so being able to handle multiple documents is a must e.g. itunes, web, office Excel. Will be using a bit of Adobe to so need it not to take 20 mins to load I think most laptops are capable nowadays without a problem with the increase in RAM and processor size, just checking...
Robo C20Let

1st Aug 11 at 05:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got the i5 version of this model and hasnt let me down yet playing games etc good bit of kit but i paid a bit more than double that price lol
Tom G

1st Aug 11 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i5 is the top of the range. Don't really tend to live beyond my means for the sake of the INTERNET so the one above will do
pow
Premium Member

1st Aug 11 at 17:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Urgh Acer

New Poll