corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » iphone wont charge?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author iphone wont charge?
DanCobb

User status: Offline
5th Aug 11 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any suggestions on what it might be? Its a white 3gs so quite old. It was alright up untill 3am this morning, the backlight woke me up saying "this thing does not charge iphones" <(not what it actually said but i cant remember ), its worked perfectly fine any other time, it also says it when you use the plug socket thing and when you plug it into the laptop. I Could send it off but cba tbh, seems like a waste of time in the past would rather get one on contract or something. Ive never had any trouble with it untill now, had it for nearly 2 years

EDIT: Think i MAY of got a little bit of orange squash near or in the dock connector earlier that night, but not sure!

[Edited on 05-08-2011 by DanielJamieCobb]

[Edited on 05-08-2011 by DanielJamieCobb]
Eck
Premium Member

5th Aug 11 at 12:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate just had to have things fixed as his wouldn't charge either. He took it to a phone shop and it was done in an hour. No idea on cost, but he got the loudspeaker, the charging unit, the home button, and the screen replaced for £94
ed

7th Aug 11 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shit down the charging dock - clean it out with isopropyl alcohol.

More likely though with that error that the cable's snapped a little bit on the inside. Try another charger.
Steve
Premium Member

7th Aug 11 at 18:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

may i suggest waving a red flag at it
pow
Premium Member

7th Aug 11 at 21:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try with a different cable is the first thing
Dan
Premium Member

8th Aug 11 at 05:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Diffo charger as said, then if it still doesn't work, replace the charging dock. Cost about a fiver on eBay and simple to change. Best off buying a screen as u will probably break it when stripping it.

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
nick_sri

8th Aug 11 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IPHONE-3GS-COMPLETE-DOCK-ASSEMBLY-CONNECTOR-ANTENNA-/160569414170?pt=UK_Mobiles_Accessories_RL&hash=item2562aed21a

check youtube on how to change it , easy to do i did it to mine last week
DanCobb

12th Aug 11 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for replys peeps. Turned out to be the docking connector at the bottom of the iPhone, 5.99 off eBay ftw! Plus a tenner to get someone to do it as I would most probably break it

New Poll