corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » c20xe hoses where do they go

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c20xe hoses where do they go
harvey_1066

User status: Offline
28th Aug 11 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv just got my engine in my corsa and bit confused about where the pipes go to for water and how to connect the heater matrix into it all, iv got a stainless rear water rail with two outings at the back and the main inlet which goes to the radiator. soo am i right in saying that the one outlet from the water rail goes to one pipe of the matrix, where does the other one go to? the bottom of the header tank? but what about the other outlet from the matrix does that go back to the header tank aswell?

just a bit puzzled please help

[Edited on 28-08-2011 by harvey_1066]
harvey_1066

User status: Offline
28th Aug 11 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no need to now, iv found somewhere that says what i need. this is what iv coppied from another site, it sounds right

Use your original 1.2 8v radiator. You will need to fit the 1.0 12v top hose for the right hand side of the rad (thermostat housing)

The bottom hose and header tank hose are retained from the corsa.

The long hose from the cylinder head (under the dizzy) runs to the heater matrix.You may need to shorten this (use some copper plumbing pipe joiners with the solder removed as these have a ridge to stop the pipe blowing off. Simply cut it on the long straight run and shortened it.)

This leaves you with two outlets on the coolant gallery, one goes to the heater matrix and one to the header tank. The heater matrix pipe comes from the corsa, but the header tank pipe had to be made up from copper pipe and the bends from the discarded pipes.

Take this opportunity to dispose of the rusty spring clips and fit new stainless jubilee clips in their place.

Fuel supply

If you have a single point injected corsa your current fuel pump will not supply sufficient pressure for the new engine. A pump from a multipoint corsa must therefore be used, and transferred into the SPI carrier in the top of the tank.

In the engine bay, you should have the original rubber pipes coming off the fuel rail from the donor car. Sleeve these over the plastic pipes in the corsa and secure them. Use two proper fuel clips here, DO NOT use jubilee clips as they will leak.

New Poll