corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Converting auto to manual?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Converting auto to manual?
Paul W
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Sep 11 at 17:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Possible or not? What would need changed if it was to happen? Reason i'm asking is there's a shit tonne of clean auto's about but no manual's for my re-shell, so just wondering if it's possible to be done really

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
Corsa_Sport21

5th Sep 11 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should be easy done if your stripping both cars down to a bare shell.

Just be a case of looking at the manual shell and comparing it to the auto shell.

Probably just be the footwell that needs modded if anything.
jr

5th Sep 11 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mr&Mrsp did it with no major issues iirc
jibjob

5th Sep 11 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The shells should be exactly the same.

The only real differences between auto and manual is:
the gear selector
cluch and brake pedals
clutch cable

The gap for the selector rods should be the same so that shouldn't be a problem. The pedal mountings should be there you should just be able to swap them over and the hole for the cable should be there it will just have a rubber grommet in it.
Paul W
Premium Member

5th Sep 11 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah sweet, obviously this would be my old 1.4 16v gls manual re-shelling to a 1.4 16v gls auto. Sounds like it's do-able then. Would just be a case of swapping parts from my current one to the new one then? ecu and loom the same or would that need changing over too? Anyone actually done the conversion? Just to get first hand experience point of view. Cheers everyone who's answered so far

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Converting auto to manual? 24 database queries in 0.0086350 seconds