corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 2003 renualt 1.2 clio not starting

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2003 renualt 1.2 clio not starting
Christopher

User status: Offline
6th Sep 11 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mrs clio in the last couple of months has had trouble starting! 3 or so months ago it began taking 2 or 3 times to start every now and then and gradually getting sooo bad its taking 20 odd minutes to get it started all the time! The car is driven everyday and it happens every time you attempt to start it up unless its been started literally a minute before!

When you turn the key the ignition still comes on and all the lights and everything comes on as normal but you turn the key and nothing happens! No sounds or anything! This goes on for about 10 minutes on average and then will just start on the next turn! No weird sounds or anything so i dont think its the starter motor going or anything?! Could it be ignition coil as i know thats a common problem? Any other ideas or things to check?

Cheers
redtom

6th Sep 11 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Starter motor sticking
Christopher

6th Sep 11 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmm thought this but surely it would make a noise wouldnt it?
Dancorsasxi just phoned as his dad works for renault or something and he thinks it may be the immobilizer! Just have to check something
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

6th Sep 11 at 21:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
redtom

6th Sep 11 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Normally the immob would not start completely not start after a few times but i know what you mean mate, common problem i think as ive fixed a couple with that problem
Christopher

6th Sep 11 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the advice lads! Will let you know if that lights on or not dan! The red one in between the dials yer?
Matty W

6th Sep 11 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont worry about your ignition coil.
when you put the key in the ignition and switch it on, there is a red light in the center of the dash. if it is flashing fast, there is an issue with the key or coder ring around the ignition barrel, if the light stays solid, its a more serious problem with the injection computer (imobiliser is built into computer) if it goes out after a second or 2, the imobiliser is fine.

a few comon faults are key issues, corroded wires and corosion on relays.

i'll try offer as much help as i can if you u2u me
Christopher

6th Sep 11 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok mate! Thanks alot for your help! Well im just waiting for her to get back from work and il go out and try it but i know it will start straight away as shes just driven home but il check the red light tonight and then do it again in the morning when it wont start amd see what the lights doing! Cheers again

New Poll