corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance renewal through

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance renewal through
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Sep 11 at 09:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have more trouble with men who are eating/drink coffee/on the phone/playing with their sat nav/smoking/playing with their iDrive in their BMW 118d MSPORT who think they are gods gift to driving in their 120bhp company car, should we ban them as well?

[Edited on 12-09-2011 by pow]
Eddx14xe

12th Sep 11 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, because they shouldnt be doing that stuff while driving in the first place.
Tom

12th Sep 11 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine stayed exactly the same (to the penny) at about £1000

Government are stopping Insurance companies selling claimants details on soon, should help a bit but not much. Insurance industry is basically in a 'hard market' stage of the cycle, linked to several market forces, i'm sure it'll come back round to a soft market soon enough.
pow
Premium Member

12th Sep 11 at 09:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have more trouble with this group of people than I do with women tbh
N3CRO

12th Sep 11 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine went up this year but luckily only by £40.
Ben G

12th Sep 11 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
insurance is going up as more and more folk think they are 'winning' by making stupid ass compensation claims for sore necks and backs.

Cut the bullshit and they may well go down

don't tar everyone with the same brush. a lot of people make genuine claims, like me, who got hit up the arse by a woman not looking where she was going. this way february and i'm still having problems now with my lower back.

not everyone are asian crash for cash participants.

i'd also quite happily accept compensation just for my insurance premium increase, cover for my tablets/prescriptions i had to pay for and time off work.

not my fault they pay out silly money.

[Edited on 12-09-2011 by Ben G]
sc0ott

12th Sep 11 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
I have more trouble with men who are eating/drink coffee/on the phone/playing with their sat nav/smoking/playing with their iDrive in their BMW 118d MSPORT who think they are gods gift to driving in their 120bhp company car, should we ban them as well?

[Edited on 12-09-2011 by pow]

No, because playing with sat nav, drinking and using your phones is perfectly legal.
pow
Premium Member

12th Sep 11 at 11:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope there's sarcasm in that
Pop

12th Sep 11 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sunz
quote:
Originally posted by Pop
quote:
Originally posted by Sunz
It's making NCB pointless as you end up paying more the next year after earning a ncb.

That's not really true though is it. Yes you may be paying more than last year but the extra discount from another years NCD means you are paying less than the true technical insurance rate that you would have been paying without it.

The problem is that the reason insurance went up so much is because of a massive increase in the amount of claims being made, then people not claming, earnt their NCB, end up paying more and that's pretty ironic I think.
Earn a NBC for being careful and pay more on your insurance because of people claiming for wiplash and faking crashes.
So although it's true you save a % with a NCB you are still losing out overall so its pretty much been cancelled out.

Sadly a claim free years driving does not give you the god given right for a renewal premium less than you are currently paying. There's nothing ironic about it. In fact it is quite simple really, don't crash and you get insurance cheaper than someone else with the exact same risk details as you who has crashed.
sc0ott

12th Sep 11 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
I hope there's sarcasm in that

Likewise.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance renewal through 23 database queries in 0.3831580 seconds