corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » aLap HD

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author aLap HD
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Sep 11 at 15:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is also in my project thread but made a thread here because i reckon others will be interested also

I made a quick test video as it didnt work yesterday at Combe, my fault as i clicked stop by accident whilst i was positioning it.

The setup is my Android phone, running aLap HD software, connected via bluetooth to a cheap obd reader off ebay and processed using Race Render 2

Providing you have the phone the whole setup can be bought for around 20 quid

The first two gauges are speed and rpm, 3rd bar is throttle position, and far right is g force

Needs some work on cam position as mirror is bit intrusive, lower the cam and maybe raise the mirror on the windscreen

Bluetooth obd readings work ok, few anomalies where the data connection must have broken for a microsecond, i think i could clear these misreadings up by editing the data file if this was a serious video as its simply a CSV

Also there are a lot of other data gauges you can choose to overlay.

Anyway, the vid..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyZ29PhDaow

[Edited on 11-09-2011 by Steve]
Toby
Premium Member

11th Sep 11 at 20:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like the idea. What obd reader did you use as i want one to use with the torque app and to clear my eml light from the decat
Steve
Premium Member

11th Sep 11 at 20:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just one of them cheap ebay bluetooth jobs, take your pick really lol
RCoughtrie

11th Sep 11 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really smart, shame about not getting a vid at combe was impressed with that vid alone tho

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » aLap HD 23 database queries in 0.2899990 seconds