corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » vxr turbo

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author vxr turbo
co4sa

User status: Offline
   15th Sep 11 at 01:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Currently got a vxr turbo on my astra gsi, its smels of oil when driving after a while. I know its using oil and its not dropping it. Also been told i had cloud of blue smoke when on boost. Im guessing my is turbo is on way out. What is best way to confirm this and how hard is it to refurbish it ?
Eck
Premium Member

15th Sep 11 at 02:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For a start, confirm it is actually blue smoke. If your turbo IS on the way out, leave it to the pro's mate. Get it put into a place like turbo technics to get refurbed.
co4sa

15th Sep 11 at 02:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't tell when driving due to tinted windows, can get a second hand one cheap that Dont smoke but could end up with same issue in couple of months. Might try thorney motorsport tomorrow only ten minutes away.
Eck
Premium Member

15th Sep 11 at 02:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're ten minutes from Thorney, take it there. They are one of the best with vauxhall's so they will sort it for you. May not be cheap though!
co4sa

15th Sep 11 at 02:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will head over there tomorrow hopefully find out what's wrong. If its turbo i would fit new one myself anything else will let them deal with it lol.

[Edited on 15-09-2011 by co4sa]
AshWatson

15th Sep 11 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe not of any use but dont various companys such as regal or thorney and TX autosport etc do a oil feed restrictor bolt for these as the standard is too high a pressure feed overpowering the oil seals and causing smoke and smell of oil etc, maybe not for the same situation as your but a few people seem to use on there GSis and even let corsa b's heres an example :

http://www.txautosport.co.uk/astra-gsi-sri-coupe-turbo-oil-feed-restrictor-bolt-z20let-282-p.asp
co4sa

15th Sep 11 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was thinkin about them the other day, Dont know if it has one because the turbo was fitted before i got it. Might get one next time.

New Poll