corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » c14se losing coolant

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c14se losing coolant
JaffaTB

User status: Offline
20th Sep 11 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

started to notice my sri engine is using coolant slightly, seems to be getting worse, lost about a pint and half in 2 weeks, car starts and runs ok as its my daily driver, no mayo in oil but the water system does get some pressure in it (it still had some in about an hour after parking up) im guessing the head gasket is starting to go but just wanted some other suggestions before i strip it down? theres a ported and polished head near me going cheap so i may get that while im at it
Eddx14xe

20th Sep 11 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a sniffer test done and see if it is the headgasket.
bullock106xsi

20th Sep 11 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you checked to see if your losing it from a specific place? crack in the rad, leaking pipe, leaking water pump etc
JaffaTB

20th Sep 11 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had a quick look but couldnt see anything, will have a sniff tonight see if i can tell, the pipes get rock hard though
harvey_1066

20th Sep 11 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i recon its the same that happened to mine then, your head gaskets gone between the cylinder and a water gallery, i wondered what the hell it was, it caused a dodgy start in the end made it sound as tho it was running really cammed, and my header tank kept getting very compressed.
Jed D

20th Sep 11 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by harvey_1066
i recon its the same that happened to mine then, your head gaskets gone between the cylinder and a water gallery, i wondered what the hell it was, it caused a dodgy start in the end made it sound as tho it was running really cammed, and my header tank kept getting very compressed.

this ^

happened on my 14xe astra i had. done a pressure test on it and took liberties when doing it and it held upto a very high pressure but it was loosing it slowly to start with then about 2 weeks and 2 tubs of radwelds later it was using a lot in a day.

New Poll