corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ebay RANT!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ebay RANT!!
kirx

User status: Offline
28th Sep 11 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi i have seen a few topics on Ebay help on this website so i thought id ask some advice!

I messaged some guy about some ram for pc and got no reply so took a gamble on it and won it for £27 "what is cheap" there was no description on the auction, but was listed as NEW and as soon as the auction ended i got a message saying..

"Sorry mate this was sold as a complete pc last night. couldnt cancel the auction"

so i messaged back saying..

"Hi i messaged you before the item was over, and you could of revised the item as sold..if its because u wont let it go for that price maybe we can arrange something?"

Then i got reply..

"i tried before it finished wouldnt let me, but its gone with the pc last night so nothing i can do now mate"

just wondering what will happen now.. do i just leave it or do i need to let ebay know?

also what feedback do i give him...

cheers
Brett
Premium Member

28th Sep 11 at 14:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Leave him an neg so he learns and doesn't do such things again
kirx

28th Sep 11 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett

Can he not leave me neg aswel tho?
Brett
Premium Member

28th Sep 11 at 14:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, only buyers can leave neg. Absolute worst he can do is not leave you feedback at all.
Aalex

28th Sep 11 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kirx
quote:
Originally posted by Brett

Can he not leave me neg aswel tho?

Nope only buyers can leave negs. Must be something to do with the buyer always being right, although my experiences from ebay show thats very far from the truth...
kirx

28th Sep 11 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What should i write for the comment on the neg feedback lol...because i think he just wont let it go for that price personally because 2nd hand sets are selling for £60 buy it now...

Brett is road house in ur sig that pub/bar in manchester where bands are on? lol think my dad went years ago

[Edited on 28-09-2011 by kirx]
Brett
Premium Member

28th Sep 11 at 14:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Na mate, family guy.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=road+house+family+guy&aq=f
cavmad

28th Sep 11 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stick to the facts when you neg him, don't use any swear words or get abusive or eBay will remove your comments.
Just say something like 'refused to sell me the item at the price it finished for, complete waste of time, avoid like the plague'.

Don't forget he could still try and file and NPB (non-paying bidder) alert against you and try and have the feedback removed, but it's still worth negging him.

[Edited on 28-09-2011 by cavmad]
kirx

28th Sep 11 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What confuses me is all his other pc parts was on his ebay aswel for sale...so do you think its worth messaging someone that won them see if he said the same?

EDIT: just noticed it wont show u the full winners name on his other items

[Edited on 28-09-2011 by kirx]
kirx

28th Sep 11 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cavmad
Stick to the facts when you neg him, don't use any swear words or get abusive or eBay will remove your comments.
Just say something like 'refused to sell me the item at the price it finished for, complete waste of time, avoid like the plague'.

Don't forget he could still try and file and NPB (non-paying bidder) alert against you and try and have the feedback removed, but it's still worth negging him.

[Edited on 28-09-2011 by cavmad]

I don't know that's the reason tho...he said to me he sold it as full last night?
Sam
Premium Member

28th Sep 11 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK... It was a waste of your time as he didn't get back to you in time or whatever BUT you shouldn't have bought it if you had doubts about its suitability.

Look for a suitable product and forget about this one - surely there are more important things in life to concern yourself with than this?
kirx

28th Sep 11 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
OK... It was a waste of your time as he didn't get back to you in time or whatever BUT you shouldn't have bought it if you had doubts about its suitability.

Look for a suitable product and forget about this one - surely there are more important things in life to concern yourself with than this?

true lol reason of this thread was to know if to give him negative feedback or not tho
Brett
Premium Member

28th Sep 11 at 16:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Leave it, but neg him, yeah.
sc0ott

28th Sep 11 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Neg him. You will sleep better tonight.
stubs

28th Sep 11 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Out of interest, what is his username?
I had a similar experience lately with this chap: http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=wonky_bugger&ftab=AllFeedback

He was based in Manchester... claimed that he'd listed the item I won (for very cheap) in error - despite having more of the same item for sale at full price. Cheeky twat!
Twiggy

28th Sep 11 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a similar problems as a seller recently. Cant end the auction 12hrs before end i think it was. He might have been busy and not had chance to reply to emails.

Or could be a cunt, not wanting to sell at that price.
strick206

28th Sep 11 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just neg him, you won it, he doesn't have the item

Perfectly within your rights to neg him imo
Sam
Premium Member

28th Sep 11 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit mean IMO to neg him... He might have genuinely not been able to stop the auction (or not know how to).

I would understand it if say you won something that should have gone for like 80% more of the final price (i.e. the seller didn't like the final price), but I'd just leave it personally.
A2H GO

28th Sep 11 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
Bit mean IMO to neg him... He might have genuinely not been able to stop the auction (or not know how to).

I would understand it if say you won something that should have gone for like 80% more of the final price (i.e. the seller didn't like the final price), but I'd just leave it personally.

But that's eBay. I won a brand new set of bmw kidney grills the other day for £9. Seller can't have been too pleased.
cavmad

28th Sep 11 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they want a certain price they should start the listing at that amount or (if over £50) put a reserve on.

If he'd sold it the night before (or whatever) why didn't he cancel bids as they were placed, it's not that hard?
Generation

29th Sep 11 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you need advice wiping your ass too?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ebay RANT!! 23 database queries in 0.0158129 seconds