corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.4 sport starts but then cuts out

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.4 sport starts but then cuts out
rcameron1991

User status: Offline
6th Oct 11 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a couple weeks ago i started having a problem with my corsa sport 1.4 16v, my battery draining even when I wasn't leaving anything on (lights, radio etc.) but it would eventually start when jumpstarted. But now when the battery is connected the battery light is on constantly and when i start the car it starts first time, sounds healthy then after one rev it cuts straight out.. At first we thought the altenator might be causing it, but now im not sure? Any ideas?
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Oct 11 at 10:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That would generally indicate that the alternator has failed.

Could also be the connections between it and the car, which are the first things to check.
rcameron1991

6th Oct 11 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh so it is the altenator? That's what I first thought, but since I dont know alot about cars when my girlfriends dad tried tellin me it couldn't possibly be the altenator I believed him
danbo

6th Oct 11 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could just be a loose sensor like the one on idle control valve

New Poll