corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » eBay/Paypal problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author eBay/Paypal problems
NovaGTE2

User status: Offline
11th Oct 11 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a dispute raised against some lights i sold to a guy in spain. The dispute was the items didnt include the bulbs (which were not included) and the items were broken internally and externally; which they werent when sent! I insured the items upto the value which was £100; they sold for £130 which £30 was postage.

They were sent DHL which was signed for by the buyer; who then set the paypal dispute wanting me to give him £30 back. I didnt agree and sent it to the resolution centre with all the tracking numbers; images of the items; when and who signed for them etc... and paypal have now given him the full £130 back!!

He has to send the lights bacxk but what the fook am i going to do with a set of lights which are so called now broke!! Can i just keep rejecting them from the courier as they are not the same as when i sent them?

The other bloody annoying thing is paypal dont deal withg it for a month to hold the money in there account for longer!!
Neo

11th Oct 11 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd claim the ton and cut my losses tbh
NovaGTE2

11th Oct 11 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant claim anything tho; i am £30 down for the postage; and will end up with broken set of light which werent n that condition when i started.
Neo

11th Oct 11 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You said you had them insured for £100. Surely you can claim because they have been broken in transit ?
Neo

11th Oct 11 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or do you mean because the guy has signed, this has therefore nullified the insurance ?

Brett
Premium Member

11th Oct 11 at 14:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the same with a laptop before and I tried that trick of just ignoring the courier and never signing for it. Didn't work anyway, they still got their money back and god knows where the laptop is

Being a seller on ebay is wank, end of.
Sam
Premium Member

11th Oct 11 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Technically what PayPal did is correct, as they know you can claim for the items off DHL - which is what you should be doing.

Contact them or whatever agent you sent them through for a compensation form, you will need the consignee to take some photos of the damage and email them to you though.

If it's legit, they will pay, trust me.
NovaGTE2

11th Oct 11 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But surely because he signed for it that insurance is no longer valid
Aaron

11th Oct 11 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In my opinion, you're either going to lose out of £30 or £130. Knowing PayPal, it will be £130.

Its shit like this (and a bad experience of my own) which stopped me from using it.
Gareth

11th Oct 11 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above i got shafted, sold an lg tuner box guy said it was faulty so i said send it back and i will refund. The cheeky git sent a different one back as the serial number was different to the one i sent him. Loads of messages between him and me then paypal gave him a full refund!
Sam
Premium Member

12th Oct 11 at 07:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by NovaGTE2

Nope you can still claim even if the consignee didn't write "damaged" where they signed their name - a courier company is not going to expect consignees to open up their parcels in front of them at time of delivery to check the contents.

They just need to see photographic proof before they accept your claim and pay out.

You have to be fairly quick about putting in a claim though. Terms differ between courier companies.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

12th Oct 11 at 07:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it was in the UK and the buyer sent it back then as a seller you are liable to refund the item+delivery cost. Because this is overseas I'm not sure the DSA covers it however eBay regs may cover it.
Sam
Premium Member

12th Oct 11 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gareth
As above i got shafted, sold an lg tuner box guy said it was faulty so i said send it back and i will refund. The cheeky git sent a different one back as the serial number was different to the one i sent him. Loads of messages between him and me then paypal gave him a full refund!

When you upload your photos at the time of doing the auction you should show a clear photo of any serial numbers, I do this to stop any of these stuff from happening.
Sam
Premium Member

12th Oct 11 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
If it was in the UK and the buyer sent it back then as a seller you are liable to refund the item+delivery cost. Because this is overseas I'm not sure the DSA covers it however eBay regs may cover it.

I think the DSRs only apply if you are a business seller. But yes there are eBay's own rules also which they seem to make up as they go along
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

12th Oct 11 at 08:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You sure? I would of thought it would cover all transactions regardless of what status you are.
NovaGTE2

12th Oct 11 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
quote:
Originally posted by NovaGTE2

Nope you can still claim even if the consignee didn't write "damaged" where they signed their name - a courier company is not going to expect consignees to open up their parcels in front of them at time of delivery to check the contents.

They just need to see photographic proof before they accept your claim and pay out.

You have to be fairly quick about putting in a claim though. Terms differ between courier companies.

He left it two weeks before putting the random paypal claim in so there goes that

I bet i get the lights sent back which he bought mine to replace; so a free set for him! Cnut!
Sam
Premium Member

12th Oct 11 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
You sure? I would of thought it would cover all transactions regardless of what status you are.

There you go mate http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/listing-distance.html

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » eBay/Paypal problems 23 database queries in 0.0139771 seconds