corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ebay Corsa - Don't bother viewing/buying......

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ebay Corsa - Don't bother viewing/buying......
AlexW

User status: Offline
16th Oct 11 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went to view the below corsa today.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130587297348?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

(If you can't be arsed to read, Its crashed, bent and scrap)

I was expecting a rough around the edges, fairly worn corsa despite the miles/seller saying there was nothing wrong with it and it was a fine car.

Turned up and first thing I've noticed is rust on the doors, I already noticed the sills to be black so expected rust repaired.

Popped bonnet and first thing ive noticed is blue paint on the right hand side of the slam panel, Middle of the slam panel has been cut and welded and its full of filler, where the turret meets the inner wing its been welded, and under the silver paint is arden blue paint again.

Wing doesn't fit properly, nor does the door, open the door and you can see the sill is full of filler 1/3 of the way down. Windscreen isn't fitted properly and sticks out at the top, Perhaps bent. A pillar is also bent, Chassis leg just didn't look right but by the time I noticed that I didn't care. I did however have a quick look underneath and you can see the passenger side floor is all bent upwards.

Seller seemed to get arsey with me as soon as I pointed it all out too.

So to summerise its had a hard hit on the front corner, had bits cut off a arden corsa and welded on, yet its still bent.

I'd like to report it or something but I don't know what I can do, Just hope that anybody who views it/goes to buy it notices the above.

I'd also like to point out, I'm not expecting a crappy old corsa to be mint, but I'm not expecting a badly repaired and so badly bent.

Jed D

16th Oct 11 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for that alex, not that i was going to view it like, lol

should have more of these topics peeps

in the bumped cars defence though mines had a shunt before and apart from the slam panel being a pane in the backside (resulting in me fitting bonnet pins as the bonnet latch was a bit difficult) i feel i got a proper bargain. i would walk away from anything with rotten sills and bent chassis though.

Generation

16th Oct 11 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where abouts? I may go down and point same stuff out if I get bores
AlexW

16th Oct 11 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Harwich so probs a bit too far for you to go just for lol's

I don't have a issue with bent cars if they have been repaired properly and well.
Jed D

16th Oct 11 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlexW
I don't have a issue with bent cars if they have been repaired properly and well.

i dont ether mate. mines only noticeable on the slam pannel and the crossmembers been welded (quite well)

only other give away is it should have A/C and its been removed

[Edited on 16-10-2011 by JedDy]
Bonney

16th Oct 11 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the surface it looks a nice little car, But sadily someone who doesn't know what they are looking for will probably end up with a death trap!

As said, There is no problem with damaged repaired cars if they are done properly. My old Astra was a damaged repairable car, but when we looked at it we could not see any signs of a botched repair (took my dad with me who is a panelbeater/sprayer by trade).

The only problem we did see was a poor paintjob on the bumper, Which is nothing major and easily sorted!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ebay Corsa - Don't bother viewing/buying...... 23 database queries in 0.0148890 seconds