corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Symptoms of shit MAF?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Symptoms of shit MAF?
DanCobb

User status: Offline
25th Oct 11 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My cars been running like shit past 2 days, been trying to find the problem, and now think its the MAF. eml on, black smoke, bit juddery. Feels like it's gunna die when idling (bad idle). Does this sound like a bad MAF? Its been running fine all the time before. Will be plugging it into my uncle diagnostic machine tomorrow but need to start looking into buying one of it's the prob. Or could you possibly clean it?
Gary
Premium Member

25th Oct 11 at 11:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like maf. Unplug it and see if it makes any difference
Ellis

25th Oct 11 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cleaning will unlikely make a difference. As above, unplug and see if there is any noticable change. Otherwise get it on the diagnostic and pin point the problem.
DanCobb

25th Oct 11 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers I shall check this when I get outside . If it's the airflow Metre this one should be fine shouldn't it? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Air-flow-mass-MAF-meter-sensor-Vauxhall-Calibra-2-0-/350406607475?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5195dc8273#shId
Generation

25th Oct 11 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unplug it. Should make car run bad, but consistent across itself
DanCobb

25th Oct 11 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unplugged it, just cut out completely, is the MAF my prob then?
DanCobb

26th Oct 11 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found out the MAF wasn't the prob it was the ecu, had water on the pins. Should of checked it first really

New Poll