corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa b coilovers decisions

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa b coilovers decisions
thomson

User status: Offline
25th Oct 11 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awrite, looking at buying coilovers soon. heard all the names such as spax gaz avo but still undecided what to go for.

dont want super stiff track suspension. fast road really. something that is easy to adjust on the car too.

engine in time will be a c20let. so spring poundage to go for? 285? 300?

had spax psx on my old saxos and like them but unsure to stay with what i know or try something else?
is the spring and damper seperate on the spax rsx kit? as in a fixed height with springs?

keeping the gsi wheels on so looking to lower 70mm at front and round 70-90 at back but level.
would like to be able to adjust the rear easy to get it sitting how i what in regards to the front.

looking to spend round £400-500 mark.

any help/ ideas?

cheers

Edges 58

26th Oct 11 at 06:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gaz GHA 310 coilovers from pick4d on here.. I payed £410 but the price has gone up slightly since. Adjustment is so easy, don't even need the wheels off to adjust the back. I have the springs suggested for c20let and if you have the shocks reasonably soft it's comfy daily but you can stiffen them to be how you want for cornering... Can't fault them!
Edges 58

26th Oct 11 at 06:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=599949&page=2

Bottom of page 2 on my thread, that's as low as the rears go
thomson

27th Oct 11 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seems a good set up. but they dont seem like they go as low as i would like on the back.

the price and adustability off them sound good tho.
moffat

28th Oct 11 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they do go low, order the short bodied kit they can go down 130mm and not bottom out iirc
P1CK4D

28th Oct 11 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive sold, and even had a set of GAZ coilovers on my old Corsa LET. Car was used on the road, 1/4 mile and on track and tbh, for the price of the coilovers, I really couldn't fault them! If you have any questions, or want a price, u2u me.
Oli_p

29th Oct 11 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id recommend the gaz kit aswell, i had the avo kit previously and thought they were crap in comparision, and the avo's have a higher price tag aswell, also thought the avo's felt quite harsh compared to gaz kit but that could be down to how they were setup from each other

New Poll