corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Tooth broke

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tooth broke
Darrell16v

User status: Offline
   27th Oct 11 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only after getting one of my teeth filled, Middle bottom one

Today the the outside of it chipped or broke, not sore at all but its sharp against my tongue

Can the dentist fix it? or is it a pull out job
sc0ott

27th Oct 11 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will need pulled out at some point. Just get it took out.
Gary
Premium Member

27th Oct 11 at 22:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its bad it'll be filed to a point and a venier put over it. I speak from experience
Darrell16v

27th Oct 11 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
If its bad it'll be filed to a point and a venier put over it. I speak from experience

It isn't to bad, it's just the outer top part has broke if it wasn't so rough I could live with it, but I would rather prevent it from going bad for years to come.

Would that cost anything? I'm still getting all check ups etc done for free as I'm 17 and still
in school.

big eck

27th Oct 11 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They might just file it down.

I'm just recovering after getting 2 wisdom teeth pulled out on Tuesday. My face is killing me just now and I can't take anymore painkillers till 1am
Jules S
Premium Member

27th Oct 11 at 23:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a shed load of dental work done recently...all private

At the time I had a snapped off dog tooth on the lower jaw, no pain like you. I'll check back but roughly it cost. First time I went there mind you

Initial review, teeth mapping etc...cost about £60 I think. He found I needed the dog tooth made up to make my 'bite' right...and four of my top front teeth ground out/filled on the face (not veneered, more of a full face filling)

The obligatory big time teeth cleaning to get my gums up to shape for dental work...about £50

Filling the broken dog tooth...about £35, it took all of 15 minutes with no drilling/painkilling

The top four took 1.5 hours and cost about £250
VegasPhil
Premium Member

27th Oct 11 at 23:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I broke the edge of one once and had the sharp edge. Just got the dentist to wizz over it with the bumpy drill when I was next in for a check up. Sorted

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Darrell16v

27th Oct 11 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the advice lads, hate dentists but I don't want to ignore it.
Jules S
Premium Member

27th Oct 11 at 23:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Darrell16v
Thanks for the advice lads, hate dentists but I don't want to ignore it.

Don't we all?

Like you say, ignoring it all makes it 10x worse..I'd not seen a dentist for 7 years
Aaron

28th Oct 11 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This thread has amazed me. The EXACT thing happened to me on Tuesday. I got myself into the dentist the following day. He smoothed off, and on tuesday next week, I'm going in for a full appointment to have it looked at.

My chipped tooth is also one with a filling, and fear was was that it would need to be taken out.

Seriously, I was going to make a thread about it on the day it happened, and it would have been worded the same as yours

[Edited on 28-10-2011 by Aaron]

Fucking shitty iPad keyboard!

[Edited on 28-10-2011 by Aaron]
Darrell16v

28th Oct 11 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Were you eating chips when it broke?
Toby
Premium Member

29th Oct 11 at 06:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I chipped my tooth when a football hit me in the face. They put a metal case around the tooth, filled it and then removed the case and sanded it to fit and you couldn't tell
Eddx14xe

29th Oct 11 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone watch american hotrod? One of the guys from there had to go to the dentist. He needed a tooth replacing or something and the dentist actually made him on.

He took xrays of his tooth, this went into a machine/computer. He then got a white cube and put it in this machine and it used the xray to make it the correct size and shape for the guy. The dentist then simply replaced his tooth with the fake one he made it. I was quite amazed at the time, never seen anything like it before.
Darrell16v

31st Oct 11 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got this sorted today, he drilled out the old filling and put another in and re-built the wall of the tooth that broke.
Jimbothebarbarian

1st Nov 11 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eddx14xe
Anyone watch american hotrod? One of the guys from there had to go to the dentist. He needed a tooth replacing or something and the dentist actually made him on.

He took xrays of his tooth, this went into a machine/computer. He then got a white cube and put it in this machine and it used the xray to make it the correct size and shape for the guy. The dentist then simply replaced his tooth with the fake one he made it. I was quite amazed at the time, never seen anything like it before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZlfiSCqAEg
Robbo

1st Nov 11 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I, too, chipped a tooth just last Friday! Doesnt hurt either but also very sharp against my tongue. Whodathunkedit
RichR
Premium Member

1st Nov 11 at 10:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a tooth break on a sausage on Christmas day morning years ago; didn't do anything about it for a couple of years until the root/nerve got infected. Ended up having a root canal (twice but that's a different story) and a white porcelain crown fitted. I think the cost all in was £150 for the root canal and £250 for the crown but that was when I was 17/18 so a good 10 years ago now

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Tooth broke 24 database queries in 0.0139971 seconds