corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » re introducing national service to 16yo education leavers

Poll: re introducing national service to 16yo education leavers
  yes
  no
  oil man rules the world

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author re introducing national service to 16yo education leavers
sc0ott

User status: Offline
28th Oct 11 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couple of my mates have wanted to join the army since high school and have been there since they were 16.

I know a few people who joined because they were wasters and thought it was easy money but couldnt even pass the 6 week training.
gazza808

28th Oct 11 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Every single one of the could get a job stacking shelves or working in a warehouse, or working on the roads. But they pick the military? I have a few friends who have been in the army, and a few currently waiting to go in that have left good jobs to do it, which is also my plan when my contract finishes. People who join the ta have day to day jobs, yet join up, knowing for well they'll get called up now how does that fit in to what you say? If you just want money you don't join the army.
ramboreynolds

28th Oct 11 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Find me someone who genuinely wants to go to some smelly hot country to get shot at for crap wages, when there is a better paid Monday to Friday job available.

Hi john, I'm one of those guys, currently working 2 jobs but can't wait to start training in February and go be a 'normal' soldier. I agree there are better paid jobs out there but none of which offer better benefits or prospect than the army.
Shell
Premium Member

28th Oct 11 at 21:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aw come on now John These normal soldiers you keep mentioning, those folk fighting on the front line, are the ones who'll protect us if anything was to go arse up. I honestly believe that even if they do go in because they left school with a shit education or realise that they're not that employable, then it takes a brave man to say "i'll make something of my life" and not sit on the dole like many would.
And no I will not come down off my high horse, I like it up here.

[Edited on 28-10-2011 by Shell]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » re introducing national service to 16yo education leavers 23 database queries in 0.0098739 seconds