corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » SharePoint

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author SharePoint
ashleh

User status: Offline
15th Nov 11 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone use this? Manager at work is trying to get me involved with it, apparently it's on the up and coming so just wondering if it's worth investing time into it.
Robbo

15th Nov 11 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep we use it a lot at work, i find it a great tool if created properly. essentially we use it for file hosting in an intranet stylee, allows our businesses across the worlkd to get access to documents etc without the need to e-mail around huige files and that
LeeM

15th Nov 11 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

used it at my last place, lots of uses for file access as well as training
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

15th Nov 11 at 11:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very expensive if you use it front facing the internet. but a very good tool and intergrates very well into office applications
pow
Premium Member

15th Nov 11 at 12:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we build vle;s on it here at work
Aaron

15th Nov 11 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, we (RM) use it too. We also built our VLE on it
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

15th Nov 11 at 12:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah pushing it here quite alot!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
A2H GO

15th Nov 11 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pushing it here a lot too, infact the guys opposite me are discussing it right now.

Were just using it as a document libary at the moment and have 3 different versions. It can be used for so much more though.
Brett
Premium Member

15th Nov 11 at 14:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used it before, although I didn't realise it was up and coming, I thought it was already sort of out there. I've just been made an admin on something similar called Autodesk Buzzsaw. Adobe LiveCycle is far better imo if you're primarily reviewing documents, etc.

[Edited on 15-11-2011 by Brett]
A2H GO

15th Nov 11 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Used it before, although I didn't realise it was up and coming, I thought it was already sort of out there. I've just been made an admin on something similar called Autodesk Buzzsaw. Adobe LiveCycle is far better imo if you're primarily reviewing documents, etc.

[Edited on 15-11-2011 by Brett]

Aren't adobe products more expensive though and don't intergrate with Microsoft applications as well? Sharepoint already costs our business a fortune.
Brett
Premium Member

15th Nov 11 at 15:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're reviewing documents and have various workflows/stages to go through, especially if people are based all over the world and not in one office then imo LiveCycle is the shiz. I don't believe it needs to integrate with anything Microsoft to do what it does. It depends what it is you're actually trying to achieve I suppose.

New Poll