corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Website / HTML help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Website / HTML help
Simon

User status: Offline
17th Nov 11 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm trying to add a series of rotating quotes onto a website, I only know very basics of html so doing what I always do - google something and copy the code.

So I've got the code from here: http://www.tutorialstream.com/tutorials/javascript/text-slideshow/

Got it set up on the page working fine. Only problem is that I need to change the colour of all the text to white and Verdana font so it matches the rest of the site and if possible all the quotes in italics. I've tried putting in various font tags in random places but whatever I do it stops anything from working at all. Anybody help me out. Don't really know what I'm doing

Thanks

[Edited on 17-11-2011 by Simon]
Nismo

17th Nov 11 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Use CSS and give it classes, failing that if your not clued up on that but inline style (font & colour) tags in but dont use block quotes only single quotes.

quotations[0]= "<font face='verdana' color='white'>I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.<br/><i>Thomas Alva Edison</i></font>"
Dom

17th Nov 11 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

code:

<style type="text/css">
#quotation {
font-family: Verdana;
font-style: italic;
color: white;
}
</style>

Bung that somewhere on your page or just add the CSS section (everything from # to }) to your CSS stylesheet. And you only need to use classes if the styling is to be applied to more than one element.
Simon

17th Nov 11 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys, I'll give your suggestions a go on Monday and see what happens. Thanks
Simon

21st Nov 11 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No idea what CSS is so used your method Nismo adding that before each quote. Thanks both of you though

New Poll