corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car Paint Analyser??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car Paint Analyser??
Nismo

User status: Offline
17th Nov 11 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How would i go about finding out what paint is on my car, the car was painted a few years ago and the previous owner does not have the code, I need to take it somewhere to have it checked out?

Where would I start? or what would I even search for in Google?

AndyCorsaSport

17th Nov 11 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most "decent" body shops with have a thing, i cant remember the exact name of it, but its placed on the car, like a camera and takes a picture.

Then they plug it into the computer and it will come up with the matches, nearest match first, then just get them to do some spray out cards and see if they look any good. Dont know what price they will charged though.

Tom may be able to help??
Graeme
Premium Member

17th Nov 11 at 23:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spectrometer is the name of the bit of kit. A lot of places won't own one as there about £4k for one.

I have one. The best way to do it is to polish the area well do its free if dirt and crap. Place it on it. It takes 3 pictures and then tells you what the nearest is and by how much.

Will say if it's spot on and what is called shadeable which is basically it can be made the colour not to hard or a different variant will be close.

Best way to go about is find out local paint suppliers and ask if they have a spectro and if they do to and get them to do it.

You may need to buy a small amount of paint or just pay the person a fIver to do it.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

17th Nov 11 at 23:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Graeme took the words out of my mouth

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Nismo

23rd Nov 11 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys! i will have a hunt around!
Graeme
Premium Member

23rd Nov 11 at 23:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you get stuck and are ever at Santa pod or near give me a shout and I'll help you out.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car Paint Analyser?? 24 database queries in 0.0086770 seconds