corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone know who's responsible for electrical safety of a rented unit?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone know who's responsible for electrical safety of a rented unit?
baza31

User status: Offline
18th Nov 11 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above . If for example I rent a unit , and my insurance cone round and give me a large list of remedial work to do to make the wiring safe and also ask for a certificate . But my landlord won't pay for said work . Who is responsible? I need to know for certain . I know with houses it has to be safe for tennants I.e certificates but unsure on the commercial side. Help greatly appreciated
BluKoo

18th Nov 11 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd imagine the landlord would be liable in this situation too.
fazza

18th Nov 11 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it should be in the terms of the tenancy.

I rent my shop etc but I am liable for any electrical fittings/wiring etc in here
Dave

18th Nov 11 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would think that if it was an installation that was in place when you rented the unit then it's the landlords responsibility, if it's something that has been installed by the tenant then they would be liable to make it safe.
Jimbothebarbarian

18th Nov 11 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I had my unit it was annoying but I seemed to be responsible for everything apart from the roof and walls and even then they tried it on.

Check your contract mate and get some advice on it..

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone know who's responsible for electrical safety of a rented unit? 23 database queries in 0.0109310 seconds