corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FK AK Coilovers Good/Bad?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FK AK Coilovers Good/Bad?
Jamxe

User status: Offline
21st Nov 11 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi All

Just looking for abit on advice on coilovers. I know the topic has been done to death but I have a 1.2 corsa I use everyday, not sure if I'll have it much longer, maybe another year so dont want to spead loads but need it to be drivable so I can sell it. It has Spax coilovers which are knackered and I doubt would be worth getting refurbed as they are totally seized, in all forms of adjustment..
I found a set of these FK AK coilovers and I reckon I could get them cheap, maybe £100 or so new, fronts only.. Are they worth getting? They are only height adjustable so I'm looking for advice from people who have them or been in a car with them what the ride is like, it is bouncy?

Any advice would be appreciated unless your going to say save up and get real coilovers..
DAZ1985

21st Nov 11 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Decent 2nd hand springs and dampers I'd go for

You get what you pay for with suspension, so the chances are the ride quality will be shit on cheap coilovers
Ojc

21st Nov 11 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get AP's
vaux.dan

21st Nov 11 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gaz are only 300 Ish iirc new on eBay
dobbynufc

21st Nov 11 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had brand new fk coilies on my old corsa they were suprisingly comfy for the price and dropped quite low aswell, so I would recommend them.
mex

21st Nov 11 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dobbynufc
I had brand new fk coilies on my old corsa they were suprisingly comfy for the price and dropped quite low aswell, so I would recommend them.

just fitted these on mine and are very comfy and not hard or bouncy atall

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FK AK Coilovers Good/Bad? 23 database queries in 0.0090609 seconds