corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Seven hours

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Seven hours
mantamark

User status: Offline
21st Nov 11 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To go from newcastle to swansea. 360miles. In a transit. Limited to 62mph.

Fuck me i was bored!

Does anyone else drive limited vehicles, if so, how far do you travel, and what do you do to pass time?

I had iphone on shuffle, tried to not skip any tracks. Was ok til it got to 4pm and went pitch black, then foggy, then started lashing down.
Ian
Site Administrator

21st Nov 11 at 19:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only ever do 60mph when I'm towing, don't mind it really. Cruise control on, seat wound back, box of egg and bacon sandwiches on the passenger seat, job done.
Russ

21st Nov 11 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a box of sandwiches

how many do you get in a box
Ian
Site Administrator

21st Nov 11 at 19:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wasn't sure what to call it, the triangle shaped thing with the window in that you get in motorway services.

Normally two or three if it's a jumbo pack, just buy one each time you stop.
alan-g-w

21st Nov 11 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really the same, but it took me 9hrs to get from staffs back to glasgow with the XE. Limited by the fact that it threw the fan belt off half an hr into the journey which meant I had to stop every 30mins to charge it for 30mins. it was literally the worst rain I've ever seen in this country and it needed spazzy wipers so that didn't help with the battery, was one of the worst things that's ever happened to me.

Purely for journey time would be when I went down to cornwall and had to spend 13hrs in the back of a mitsubishi spaceshuttle mini MPV shiter and about 4hrs of that was with three people on the back. Shit, shit times, plus the fact that my mates' mum nearly killed us by falling asleep at the wheel
richardworrall
Premium Member

21st Nov 11 at 19:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wait till you get stuck at 56mph in a truck. No matter how far your going its boring as hell.
mantamark

21st Nov 11 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know the type you mean Ian, normaly pricey too. Got a new yorker baguette and large coffee and it was £7.40

no cruise control either, and been up since 5am. Yawn.

Ive been down st ives before, but that was in a car and took 9hrs but felt quicker than today due to 62mph.
Dave

21st Nov 11 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've racked up more miles than I care to remember in a Transit. Every Monday from East Lancs to Reigate/Wallington/Croydon/Windsor/Reading and more for about 3 years. They're not bad for long journeys really, bit noisy with roof rack and no bulkhead although ours wasn't limited. Used to do all those none stop most of the time too as the lad I was working with wasn't old enough to be on insurance and we'd only get paid a set amount of hours to get there.

Driven a few limited vans though and they were a pain at first but you start to get used to it after a bit, it's just overtaking on the motorway that's a bit of a blag.
Gary
Premium Member

21st Nov 11 at 20:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate of mine used to have a wank. Said he didn't care if anyone saw him as he'd never see them again.
Ben G

21st Nov 11 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Mate of mine used to have a wank. Said he didn't care if anyone saw him as he'd never see them again.

theres a story in the paper today about a bloke who was wanking in his car and a school bus full of kids pulled up next to him at traffic lights, got jailed for 3.years
mike56gte

21st Nov 11 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i drove to the nurburgring in a truck that did 55mph! was boring as fuck!!!
Russ

21st Nov 11 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by Gary

theres a story in the paper today about a bloke who was wanking in his car and a school bus full of kids pulled up next to him at traffic lights, got jailed for 3.years
stop reading the daily star then
Ben G

21st Nov 11 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the sun.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

21st Nov 11 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm another one that doesn't mind a chilled out drive at 60, as long as I'm in the mood for it. Although I've never done a 7 hour A-B run. I regularly do more than that in a day but I have jobs on so I get to stop for a while and do something different before jumping back in the van and heading to the next stop.

[Edited on 21-11-2011 by Mike B]
Nick-S

21st Nov 11 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I very often do 3-400 mile round trips at only 56. i just chill out and turn the radio up. unless i have a customer to talk to.
Russ

21st Nov 11 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if im driving at work i will always drive slower
AlunJ

21st Nov 11 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
if im driving at work i will always drive slower

I floor the shit out of all the work cars/vans drove my boss in my own car the other day and she commented she'd never seen me drive so calmly
mantamark

21st Nov 11 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The sooner i get there, the sooner i get home, so a 3-7hr drive annoys me. I work away mon - fri so like to get home asap.

Managed to blag a spanky new audi avant tdi auto for a meeting the other week. Sport mode and killed it.
Bonney

21st Nov 11 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If i do any driving for work its the extreme long way round sticking under the speed limits.

Suppose when ive done mt class 2 hgv i'll have to get used to the speed limiter!
Crana

21st Nov 11 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its ok driving with a quite car try from newcastle to santa pod in a corsa xe with a big exhaust Music make the drive much better unless your stuck with the radio
antnee

21st Nov 11 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coombe and back almost killed me, 300 road miles plus 2 track sessions in a stripped car with hard buckets and 3" harnesses. I dozed off in the outside lane doing 80, only woke up from the vibrations over the white line

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Seven hours 23 database queries in 0.0145941 seconds