corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Students

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Students
Brett
Premium Member

User status: Offline
24th Nov 11 at 11:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I take it you're in uni?
LeeM

24th Nov 11 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by spencer88
quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Being at uni etc doesn't mean you're smarter. Anyone can get a degree, all you have to do is turn up and do as you're told. The state of some of the applicants recently at the mrs work who had degrees, total retards.

Depends on your degree.

I'd agree with a lot of it, most of my flatmates do sports science... Engineering, maths, sciences etc are a different matter.
adiohead

24th Nov 11 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Too many Mickey Mouse degrees
spencer88

24th Nov 11 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
I take it you're in uni?

I am yes, and i agree that some people here take the piss. But alot of students work very hard at uni to get decent grades.
On my course there are alot of students who's parents have paid for them to be here, and they know fuck all. Yet some of us have to work hard to progress.
So yes, some people get degrees for fuck all, but some work hard for them.
Steve
Premium Member

24th Nov 11 at 11:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree

Uni has its place, but the majority of students (not all) are there just to put off getting on with there lives for a few years to doss about and fritter money away on boozing just so they can post pics on FB for cool points

then moan and protest at the govt because they have no money

[Edited on 24-11-2011 by Steve]
Brett
Premium Member

24th Nov 11 at 12:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Knew it

Still, I've got nothing but respect for people who go to uni and have to struggle and support themselves (the ones who really want to learn). However, I find most are supported by mummy & daddy and like you say, they're just there to doss around mostly, don't appreciate the opportunity they've got and are generally idiots. Steve's right too, I've got a mate who went and did film studies, totally pointless, doesn't work in anything related to it, was basically at uni to take pictures of himself getting smashed.

[Edited on 24-11-2011 by Brett]
LeeM

24th Nov 11 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about me? I came back to uni at 24 to do engineering, I want to learn, I've got 75, 70 and 90% in my exams amd assignments so far, but my dad and aunty have been bunging me £50 a week between them and I've been going out getting pissed and putting pics on Facebook?
Ben G

24th Nov 11 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he got her head in there, surely she can get it back out?

i've done silly things like that before and managed to get out easily enough, after a bit of panicing.

looks like shes got downs though.
spencer88

24th Nov 11 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
What about me? I came back to uni at 24 to do engineering, I want to learn, I've got 75, 70 and 90% in my exams amd assignments so far, but my dad and aunty have been bunging me £50 a week between them and I've been going out getting pissed and putting pics on Facebook?

I started Uni at 21, I too have similar grades and try hard.
My course is very academic, no taking pictures of yourself pissed up unfortunately.

I am part time though, so i only do one day a week and work 4.
Now this sounds easy, but believe me, it is not. Try fitting in 4 subjectas and related coursework each week, as well as woring 7-5.

Film Studies, Surf Science and so called courses should not equate to a degree.
mwg

24th Nov 11 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

High iq = low common sense

Get this with a lot of people I work with. Very very clever but clueless in the real world

She would probably say she couldn't afford to buy a hacksaw to cut it off with being a student but is planning on going on a round the world trip next summer

[Edited on 24-11-2011 by mwg]
Matt L

24th Nov 11 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how the actual f*ck do you get stuck in them its not exactly rocket science to open it up .

agreed most people now a days lack real common sense

[Edited on 24-11-2011 by Matt L]
adiohead

24th Nov 11 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt L
how the actual f*ck do you get stuck in them its not exactly rocket science to open it up .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat%27s_cradle_(string_game)
LeeM

24th Nov 11 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm gonna try and get stuck in one later and do the same "copycat clothes horse rider"
John

24th Nov 11 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doing well in a degree, even a proper one, does not necessarily mean you are smart.

Even stupid people who put the time in, or have a good memory, can succeed.

The people complaining about no time are the ones who have to put time into passing, the people with loads of time won't need to study for 7 hours every night.

Uni you are at also has a big factor, you get 'proper' degrees in mickey mouse uni's, edit to clarify this, you can get a degree that at a proper uni would be quite difficult, but at your renamed college isn't as difficult as a mickey mouse degree at the proper uni.

Girl in article is a retard.

[Edited on 24-11-2011 by John]
spencer88

24th Nov 11 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Doing well in a degree, even a proper one, does not necessarily mean you are smart.

Even stupid people who put the time in, or have a good memory, can succeed.

The people complaining about no time are the ones who have to put time into passing, the people with loads of time won't need to study for 7 hours every night.

Uni you are at also has a big factor, you get 'proper' degrees in mickey mouse uni's, edit to clarify this, you can get a degree that at a proper uni would be quite difficult, but at your renamed college isn't as difficult as a mickey mouse degree at the proper uni.

Girl in article is a retard.

[Edited on 24-11-2011 by John]

I agree mostly.

I have found alot of students that just remember things before an exam, yet in every lecture they have no idea what they are talking about.
This is where I have said before that to pass a course your lecturer should also mark you in your general class work.

Degrees with professional bodies accrediting them are proper ones.
LeeM

24th Nov 11 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm at jmu, an accredited uni
spencer88

24th Nov 11 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'm at jmu, an accredited uni

I am at UWE, a shit hole but with RICS accredited course
LeeM

24th Nov 11 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I considered doing Motorsport engineering at Blackpool college and realised it was a waste of time, my dad offered me some financial support to go to a proper uni to to get a real degree
It annoys me when people go on about people at uni being supported by mummy and daddy. Why shouldn't my dad who's well off support me so I can in turn get a degree that will set me up to get a job and earn good money myself.
John

24th Nov 11 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used to piss me off that the people in the middle got no help as usual.

The tramps got loads of money thrown at them, the rich people were rich but the ones somewhere in the middle had to struggle the most, as with a large majority of life I suppose.
LeeM

24th Nov 11 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I'm middle of the road and get my fee's and accommodation covered. Couple of the guys who's parents have more money get fees and about 90% of fees covered. We'd probably all have more money left if we went for shit halls
Brett
Premium Member

24th Nov 11 at 12:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
It annoys me when people go on about people at uni being supported by mummy and daddy. Why shouldn't my dad who's well off support me so I can in turn get a degree that will set me up to get a job and earn good money myself.

Nothing wrong with it, after all anyone who had that option would undoubtedly take it. I just don't feel those people appreciate their privileged position when they're rattling on about how hard they worked, as it's clearly not as hard as others. John's right in what he said anyway.
spencer88

24th Nov 11 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get my fee's paid for by work, but all my resources I have to buy myself.

I have nothing against peoples parents supporting them, but you get the ones who are mummy and daddy's kids, anything they need they ring them for, and they have no clue about the subject they are studying.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Students 23 database queries in 0.0157700 seconds