corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sainsbury's ‘Think 25’ policy.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sainsbury's ‘Think 25’ policy.
Jimbothebarbarian

User status: Offline
2nd Dec 11 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daymoon
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbothebarbarian
Having worked in the licence trade for many years and I've ran many pubs and clubs. It simply isn't worth the risk of fines and loss of licence etc. So if in any fucking doubt whatsoever turn them away.

But don't get to upset because one day you will grow up and be able to get served no problem at all because you'll look like a miserable middle aged twat like I do.

Trust me spotty little hard men carrying themselves on like the little hard-men they are gets real boring real quick.

Enjoy your youthful good looks while they last!

I am not talking about getting ID'd or not. I always carry my UK driving licence so I never have such a problem, it's about stores turning down TWO legitimate ID's just because they were not issued in UK

Yes but if you haven't seen one before you're not to know if it's a fake or whatever. Like I said if in doubt turn them away. It's the ONLY way you can be sure. I can fully understand it's pisses people off but they're not the ones risking big fines and a loss of livelihood etc. It sucks for you but as mentioned trading standards etc etc have no qualms whatsoever sending under age kids who look 25+ with dodgy ID's it's part of the job.

No one is going to risk it because the very people trying to use an ID say "It's okay mate honest" get real man.
Shell
Premium Member

2nd Dec 11 at 21:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our sainsburies on a Saturday operates an over 21 limit after 6pm so you must be over 21 to be alcohol. I fail to see how they can do that if the law is 18. What I fail to understand more is why when I was 20, I tried to buy red bull and was refused. That's right, red bull. So not only was I well over the legal age to buy alcohol, it wasnt even alcohol!!
Sarah A

2nd Dec 11 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think most shops have these over 21/25 policies to stop them getting fined as you'd end up id'ing more ppl making it less likely to serve someone underage, it can be annoying but then I can see why they do it.
daymoon
Premium Member

2nd Dec 11 at 21:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is EU standard driving licence, same as any UK licence, and you have nothing to compare it with? thick and lack of common sense
Woody
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

2nd Dec 11 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me and my dad was refused haha when I was 17 and it was a shop I worked in !!
taylorboosh

2nd Dec 11 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats thats fucking stupid
Eddx14xe

2nd Dec 11 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its bloody annoying. I couldnt buy any alcohol because i had my 15yr old brother with me.
Ben G

2nd Dec 11 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
It is EU standard driving licence, same as any UK licence, and you have nothing to compare it with? thick and lack of common sense

you said lithuanian id and driving license.

stop changing your story and leave it in the past.

john sainsbury wont give a fuck
daymoon
Premium Member

2nd Dec 11 at 21:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:

you said lithuanian id and driving license.

stop changing your story and leave it in the past.

john sainsbury wont give a fuck

Lithuania is in EU same rules apply to them as to Uk
Ben G

2nd Dec 11 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you made it sound like he used an id that wasnt an eu driving license
daymoon
Premium Member

2nd Dec 11 at 22:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He showed both. Obviously matching dates, and both 100% genuine. He can travel with his ID anywhere in Europe, yet can't buy alcohol in Sainsbury's with it.
Jimbothebarbarian

2nd Dec 11 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the end of the day no shop HAS to serve you anything and you have no legal right or standing to buy anything or be served by anyone.

Sorry mate you've had a bad experience get over it.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sainsbury's ‘Think 25’ policy. 23 database queries in 0.0122888 seconds