corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » throttle position sensor

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author throttle position sensor
Kevan Young

User status: Offline
10th Dec 11 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last night on my way home from work my car started revving to about 2000rpm without me using the accelerator but it still drove fine. I stopped at my dads work and when i started the car and the engine management light came on and the car wont do more than 15mph. Ive had it on a diagnostic machine this morning and i need a throttle position sensor but cant get one till monday. Is there a way to bypass the sensor and get the car drivable till then. Its a corsa b 1.4 8v.
thomson

10th Dec 11 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate who works ata garage said to put about 10 pounds worth off v-power in and then give the car some stick to see iff it cleans itself out.

my tps sensor on my c16xe is needs replacing. but as i plans on changing the engine soon i dont see the point. aint really bad car still drives normal 99.9% off time.
Kevan Young

10th Dec 11 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Thomson. I would try that but can get the car above 15mph. no power after that until the speed drops back below 15. IS that a get me home safe thing mybe
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
11th Dec 11 at 07:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't bypass it without other side-effects, re-seating the electrical connector is worth a try though.

New Poll