corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » fitting a tow strap?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fitting a tow strap?
michaelcorsab

User status: Offline
18th Dec 11 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im wondering how to put one of these on the front of my corsa,any help apreciated
Alex_Rally

18th Dec 11 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do u need one ??
alan-g-w

18th Dec 11 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically, unless you're going to be removing your tow eye for weight saving reasons you'll get hit with arsey answers like that.

They are for using instead of but if you want to use it as well as a tow eye then it's just a case of joining it any way you can. I'd probably use a shackle of some sort
Edges 58

18th Dec 11 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just fitted a trs tow strap to mine.. Angle grinder to get rid of the eye then there's a 10/12mm hole in the same area as the eye and just bolt it in. I'll upload a pic later as I'm on the phone at the mo. Haven't fitted the bumper yet so I'll take a close picture of what I mean for you
antnee

18th Dec 11 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its just for show, cable tie it in.
mattk

18th Dec 11 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

back in the days when people were sticking big fuck off bits of fibreglass to their cars were people still giving smart arse non answers like "are you fitting bigger wheel arches to cover a wider track for handling purposes"

emicen

18th Dec 11 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
back in the days when people were sticking big fuck off bits of fibreglass to their cars were people still giving smart arse non answers like "are you fitting bigger wheel arches to cover a wider track for handling purposes"

Nope, usually went straight to telling them they just made their car slower and that it looked shit.

That's a different subject to what we're talking about here though. AK's fibreglass arches, fitted to cover the wider track, look nbad, but they have function (and yes, I've said openly to him on his build thread they look terrible )

What we're talking aboiut here is a bit of a scene kid mod really. If its going on track or sprinting, yeah, should probably ggo with bluebook recommendations, hard mounted to a structural point on the car.

If its for looks, might aswell just araldite the eyelet plate to the back of the bumper and leave the webbing hanging out.
spikedjack

18th Dec 11 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bolted mine through the subframe on the C

Only reason i used one is i had an airdam, and the cap where the stock tow eye is always cracks/breaks when removed and cant be bought aftermarket
harrisp

18th Dec 11 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A lad on my GFs street has got on poking out inbetween his bonnet and headlight Im worried about what its bolted to.
michaelcorsab

19th Dec 11 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for the help yeah its just for show tbh
Generation

19th Dec 11 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No hooks can ever get through mine, when I need to be towed, gsi bumper comes out bit to far, If I had 3 door/a certain look corsa I'd get one.
Edges 58

19th Dec 11 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

angle grinder to get rid of the eye, bolt to the side bit where there is already a hole

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » fitting a tow strap? 23 database queries in 0.0107429 seconds