corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » carburettor fueling

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author carburettor fueling
harvey_1066

User status: Offline
18th Dec 11 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im going to be using dellorto carbs on my ported and mild cammed XE but im asking how do i get the fuel to them? is it ok to use two fuel regulators to get the pressure down from the 16v fuel pump down to the required pressure of the carbs, OR replace it with an external fuel pump and plumb the pipes in by hand, but how do i get the pipe to reach the bottom of the tank? as the standard fuel inlet that was on the bottom of the fuel pump would be out of use now,
corsadonk
Premium Member

19th Dec 11 at 06:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you take the injection fuel pump out of the tank, the run a hose to the bottom of the swirl pot type thing that the pump sits in. The you want a Facet red top pump which have the highest flow rate, and a nice low pressure, then you'll need a malasspi petrol king which is your regulator. How you pipe it up is your choice, but you only need one fuel line.
Gary
Premium Member

19th Dec 11 at 09:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you not need a return from the regulator?

Where does the excess fuel pressure go?
corsadonk
Premium Member

19th Dec 11 at 19:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No just one line, the pump fills up the bowls in the carbs till it gets to the correct pressure then it stops pumping, you'll hear like a ticking from the pump, on idle, and it gets faster to supply the fuel.
harvey_1066

23rd Dec 11 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so does that mean i dont need a swirl pot? and will the facet pump be ok sucking fuel UP from the tank bellow? im confused as iv been led to believe that a swirl pot would be best so as to provide an always positive head to my main fuel pump
corsadonk
Premium Member

23rd Dec 11 at 20:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well the carbs have their own fuel supply, so it isn't too much of a issuse, but it wouldn't hurt. A swirl pot means an extra pump, and more fuel lines.

What are you gonna be using it for?
harvey_1066

24th Dec 11 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nothing spesh just general driving on sunny days its my dry weather car, it doesnt really mean an extra pump tho because i can still use the 16v pump thats already in my fuel tank for the feed to the swirl pot, and i'd have to buy a facet redtop pump anyway

[Edited on 24-12-2011 by harvey_1066]
corsadonk
Premium Member

24th Dec 11 at 20:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With a swirl pot, the set up tends to be a low pressure lift pump, from the tank the pot then a high pressure pump to the engine.

I'm not a 100% sure but I think the normal injector pump, will be too much for the Facet item.

New Poll