corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Last Posting Dates

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Last Posting Dates
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Dec 11 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know tuesday was the last recommended posting date for Christmas according to Royal Fail website, but if i sent a card tomorrow (thursday) it recommends Special Delivery. Its dad's christmas card should have done it earlier really , wondering whether if i send it first class it will still get there or i need to pay an extra 5.45
or if it will more than likely get there on first class i'll do that. its from south wales to south yorkshire

[Edited on 21-12-2011 by Tom J]
Ben G

21st Dec 11 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we sent cards out sunday night (first class), 1 arrived today, the other 2 haven't arrived yet.

so i'd say pay for the special delivery or just post it and say sorry to him
Tom J
Premium Member

21st Dec 11 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm always shit at posting on time, been flat out in work so not had that time. two days off now one day on (christmas eve) morning shift then another two off
Sam
Premium Member

21st Dec 11 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just post it first class and blame RM for it not being delivered before Christmas even though you posted it well in advance
Tom J
Premium Member

21st Dec 11 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
Just post it first class and blame RM for it not being delivered before Christmas even though you posted it well in advance

i know its busy period but usually it takes one day, so surely if i post it thursday it should get there saturday?
Sam
Premium Member

21st Dec 11 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I sent some cards out on Monday by first class, one person has received theirs today but not the others.

Probably got a backlog TBH, we had loads of post delivered this morning and it's been fairly quiet a few days prior!
Tom J
Premium Member

21st Dec 11 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bit of a risk then. no post for 25/26/27th bit pointless if it arrives after. oh well.
like the pic of the dog sam, what is he?
Sam
Premium Member

21st Dec 11 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could always deliver it in person if you're feeling bored

She's a greyhound
Tom J
Premium Member

21st Dec 11 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only 200 odd miles
rescue? the missus was on about having a rescue greyhound as our next dog but i'm concerned about health problems. current two dogs are both rescued (one was owner emigrating, one stray)
Sam
Premium Member

22nd Dec 11 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Leisurely drive

We got her (and another greyhound before her) from our local Retired Greyhound Trust place.

Nothing really goes wrong with them TBH, most of the time you just have to pay for the usual bills i.e. booster vaccinations, food, occasional dental checks/treatment etc.

They make really good pets, a lot of people think you have to spend hours a day taking them out for walks/runs and that but in reality they spend about 70% of their time asleep - hence the term "45mph couch potatoes"

All I would say though if you were thinking of getting one, is that female greyhounds are more placid than the boys - although some (like our other greyhound) are interested in chasing/going for small animals like cats, squirrels and little dogs like terriers and spaniels.

Dunno about your local RGT but over here you have to make a 'donation' of £100 per dog that you rehome. You do get a collar and lead for free though

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Last Posting Dates 23 database queries in 0.4856169 seconds