corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Construction workers (ecs card/cscs card) help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Construction workers (ecs card/cscs card) help
MarkSport

User status: Offline
22nd Dec 11 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi All

I'm a trainee electrician at the moment, not far off completing my level 2 nvq at college. I was told my my boss in october that i needed a trainee ecs card/cscs card to work on site for a new job in jan 2012. I passed my test second time round even though im pretty sure i was robbed first time round. i sent my application off on the 30th november and got a phone call on the 3rd december saying the card would be with my in 10 working days. well today i phoned up and asked how my application was going? the guy on the phone said that i went through a 3rd party company as the test is only supposed to be £17.50 and I've paid £86.50

he told me on my file that the 3rd party company have also sold me the wrong card and that its non refundable!

I asked where i stand and he basically told me he dont know.

i start my new contract 3rd jan but without that card, i can't work meaning i can't go college which could result in my losing the lot.

anyone else done it or been ripped off?
Jake

22nd Dec 11 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont know what you need to be told that is any help to you except find out a proper place to get one. i worked on site for 3 weeks and never bothered with a cscs card but they said its about 30 clams
MarkSport

22nd Dec 11 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers jake, I've been told to phone back tomorrow to hopefully find out what's going on. nobody seems to know anything at the company which is leaving me clueless
harrisp

22nd Dec 11 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you failed the first time then I doubt your are safe to be on site, its the easiest test ever.
MarkSport

22nd Dec 11 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think i failed though in all honesty, the questions were piss easy. i honestly think i have been scammed on it.
JM_16v

22nd Dec 11 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Questions are easy dependant on what level you have. Ive got supervisory and management card and had to read up on curtain things.

i booked directly through the cscs scheme thou
Aaron

22nd Dec 11 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine took about 3 or 4 weeks to come through tbh
Seany

22nd Dec 11 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done mine through my old work, took about a month to come but you just need a copy of your number and you can work onsite.
Just phone and book a new one and phone up the third party company and give them hell
Toby
Premium Member

22nd Dec 11 at 16:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JM_16v
Questions are easy dependant on what level you have. Ive got supervisory and management card and had to read up on curtain things.

i booked directly through the cscs scheme thou

Thats how i booked our lads through when we got a new contract which involved working on sites.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Construction workers (ecs card/cscs card) help 23 database queries in 0.0076721 seconds