corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » London Tube Drivers

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author London Tube Drivers
P1CK4D

User status: Offline
23rd Dec 11 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
Usual Billy Bob on the street will get 36 days including the standard 8 days bank holiday; why is a tube driver entitled to an extra 7 days?

And they're wanting triple pay and time in lieu for working a contracted day

I don't know, ask the Government? Perks of working for the London Underground are higher than normal, you will find that with any job on the Underground, that's just the way it is. Just because you've suddenly all found out about it then it's a problem? Also not sure if Train Drivers get more but I get 37, so 2 days more than a normal person, so I don't know if that's an error in printing or they do get more. Great pensions, always good job prospects, enjoyable job etc. Instead of people moaning about it I suggest they work for LUL tbh as I'm here for life.

TfL Operational staff get 29 days holiday standard much like the majority of other jobs. Another 8 days are for bank holidays that they either work and get a day in lieu or take off as a holiday. There are another 5 days accumulated due to contacts only being 35hrs a week which was agreed to by TfL and the Unions, but, all staff work 7hrs and so many minutes a day which, over the course of the year equates to an extra 5days holiday. It's swings and roundabouts. But it does work out when the maths are done, but people just see the highest number and take that as the media has said it, so it must be true. I work for TfL and it makes sense to me. As Graham said, im here for life too.
Fro

23rd Dec 11 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
Don't know but his first name is Gary, if that helps

Ahhh Gary from the Picadilly line nice one
Graham88

23rd Dec 11 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by P1CK4D
TfL Operational staff get 29 days holiday standard much like the majority of other jobs. Another 8 days are for bank holidays that they either work and get a day in lieu or take off as a holiday. There are another 5 days accumulated due to contacts only being 35hrs a week which was agreed to by TfL and the Unions, but, all staff work 7hrs and so many minutes a day which, over the course of the year equates to an extra 5days holiday. It's swings and roundabouts. But it does work out when the maths are done, but people just see the highest number and take that as the media has said it, so it must be true. I work for TfL and it makes sense to me. As Graham said, im here for life too.

Big up yourself, you explained it alot better than me

And Jambo makes a good point about it being in London, most London based jobs pay more than normal.
stuartmitchell

23rd Dec 11 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I read that as being triple pay just on bank holidays + a day off in lieu as opposed to tripling their annual salary?

Perhaps I've missed the point though. Hungover
Graham88

23rd Dec 11 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Correct
P1CK4D

23rd Dec 11 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stuartmitchell

I read that as being triple pay just on bank holidays + a day off in lieu as opposed to tripling their annual salary?

Perhaps I've missed the point though. Hungover

Actually, they're asking for triple day for just that one day (boxing day) and a day off in lieu for working it.

Personally, asking for triple pay is a piss take imho.
Robbo

23rd Dec 11 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yet you dont think asking for a day off in lieu, when they already get the day off added to their AL entitlement, isnt a pisstake also. interesting
P1CK4D

23rd Dec 11 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
yet you dont think asking for a day off in lieu, when they already get the day off added to their AL entitlement, isnt a pisstake also. interesting

Not at all. They already will earn that day off in lieu. All they are fighting for is triple pay for working that day. The media has made it sound worse than it really is. To which, people like yourself, who only read what it says in the news believe it.
Robbo

23rd Dec 11 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but you just said all theya re asking for is triple pay and a day off in lieu

also, ive paid no attention to news etc. and as i mentioned before, couldnt gaf about pay/holidays, just wish the cunts would stop going on strike like little scummy fuckers, esp on boxing day which severely disrupts the ability of people to see loved ones and family, esp the odle rpeople in london.
Fro

23rd Dec 11 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

also, ive paid no attention to news etc. and as i mentioned before, couldnt gaf about pay/holidays, just wish the cunts would stop going on strike like little scummy fuckers, esp on boxing day which severely disrupts the ability of people to see loved ones and family, esp the odle rpeople in london.

And moves the Arse game
Robbo

23rd Dec 11 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats actually good though cos my parents will be gone and i can go to it lol
Jambo

23rd Dec 11 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

P1CK4D

23rd Dec 11 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I realised that after I posted and couldn't be bothered to edit Basically, theyre only asking for triple pay that day. I don't agree with it either. But at the same time, i'm not fussed. Im off till after New Years now
Graham88

23rd Dec 11 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm off too, and tbh that's the first time I've ever heard of people striking on Boxing Day, so I suspect media hyped that one up
Robbo

23rd Dec 11 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

umm, apart from last year when they did the exact same thing :S
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Dec 11 at 19:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be interested to see how many people who were in support of industrial action when it was their own job are now against it when they're on the wrong side of it

These guys obviously have a good union or think they're difficult to replace, which is not exclusive to them is it
Dave

24th Dec 11 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will it not be RMT and the moron of morons Bob Crow?
Welsh Dan

24th Dec 11 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was an illegal ballot to start with, the judge that has allowed it is an idiot.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » London Tube Drivers 23 database queries in 0.0140190 seconds