corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » HID Kit group buys

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HID Kit group buys
jayy.cfg

User status: Offline
27th Dec 11 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive lookd to see if there is any posts about this recently, cant see any so i was wondering is anyone orginasing a group by for this any time soon for the corsa b owners?

would like to know as interested as i would like some brighter lights on my car
Phillips_91

27th Dec 11 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=486341
Paul W
Premium Member

27th Dec 11 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above, i'd definitely recommend MJ, he's a top bloke, he'll answer any questions you have and sort you out with exactly what you want

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
Steve
Premium Member

27th Dec 11 at 20:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will fail mot as of 2012
Paul W
Premium Member

27th Dec 11 at 20:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Allegedly.

Change em over for MOT, put em back on after, takes all of 2 minutes.

Steve
Premium Member

27th Dec 11 at 20:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i imagine with the new regs you may also place yourself in the position of getting hassle from the police more, bit like window tints
Paul W
Premium Member

27th Dec 11 at 20:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True that. But i can imagine it being like every other piece of legislation that's a bit of a grey area. Tbh, i can't see what the issue is with them, apart from obviously twats that have the blue ones that aren't adjusted properly. I have 4300k and have them adjusted properly and never had any issues with people complaining or flashing me, not even had the police say anything about them the numerous times i've been stopped.

jayy.cfg

28th Dec 11 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking at a chart i see, it seems that 6k is more white than others so i was looking for a 6k setup or is that totally wrong, is the 8k the 1s with blue tints in?

so is it worth getting these?
even tho i no a mot'er that wud more likely turn a blind eye
kav

28th Dec 11 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have 6k in my corsa and they are'nt blinding or too blue i would say they are the best of the selection
Rob E

28th Dec 11 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
will fail mot as of 2012

No they won't, it's Internet hype that says they will
Steve
Premium Member

28th Dec 11 at 01:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope there was an article straight from the dft website with all the new changes to the mot, HID conversion were one of the most impartial changes listed
big eck

28th Dec 11 at 01:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4.3k is the best one to go for. I have the 6k in mine and it's a bit to blue.
Steve
Premium Member

28th Dec 11 at 02:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

link to AA info

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/car-servicing-repair/mot-changes-2012.html

quote:
Lighting

Products on the lens or light source that obviously reduce the light's intensity or change its colour will become a reason for failure – applies to front/rear position lamps, registration plate lamps, stop lamps, rear fog and direction indicators,

Headlight requirements are updated to take account of the particular characteristics of High Intensity Discharge (HID) lamps.

HID headlights can cause dazzle if they are dirty or aimed too high so car manufacturers must fit headlamp cleaning and levelling systems. A car will fail if a mandatory headlamp cleaning or levelling system is missing, doesn't work or is obviously defective.

Vehicles fitted with aftermarket HID systems must also be fitted with properly working washer and levelling systems.

If a headlamp bulb is not seated correctly the resulting beam pattern will be indistinct and this will result in a test fail.

[Edited on 28-12-2011 by Steve]
M2RTY

28th Dec 11 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fitted 55w 6000k hids on an e46 bm with projector lights and cleaners, but not self levelers as yet. Looks passable from outside, ill leave it like that for MOT
Rob E

28th Dec 11 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
link to AA info

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/car-servicing-repair/mot-changes-2012.html

quote:
Lighting

Products on the lens or light source that obviously reduce the light's intensity or change its colour will become a reason for failure – applies to front/rear position lamps, registration plate lamps, stop lamps, rear fog and direction indicators,

Headlight requirements are updated to take account of the particular characteristics of High Intensity Discharge (HID) lamps.

HID headlights can cause dazzle if they are dirty or aimed too high so car manufacturers must fit headlamp cleaning and levelling systems. A car will fail if a mandatory headlamp cleaning or levelling system is missing, doesn't work or is obviously defective.

Vehicles fitted with aftermarket HID systems must also be fitted with properly working washer and levelling systems.

If a headlamp bulb is not seated correctly the resulting beam pattern will be indistinct and this will result in a test fail.

[Edited on 28-12-2011 by Steve]

Bastards, they changed the wording with regards to the working washer and levelling systems Last time I read it, it stated they may be fitted, not must be fitted
taylorboosh

28th Dec 11 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just buy on ebay for 25 quid.. search bulb size and hid

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » HID Kit group buys 24 database queries in 0.0142229 seconds