corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » motorcross

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author motorcross
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Apr 03 at 18:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is ne1 off here into motorcross/supercross...and i dont mean farting around on bikes - I mean seriosuly racing etc; or serious watching it.

Ive been mechanic 4 my kid cousin this weekend and had a bast round the track on a couple of bikes ; Im thinking after the car goes into the bodyshop on June 1st, Im gonna stop spending on it and get a cr 125 and start racing.....should be fun

Im well knackered now tho, didnt realise how tiring it is
CORSA NUT

21st Apr 03 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Nik used to/still is into it
groom

21st Apr 03 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used to be in nemxc
GREG 1

21st Apr 03 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to race for South East Anglia mate and i also qualified to go to France.
RichR
Premium Member

21st Apr 03 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive had a couple of bikes but only semi raced them, turning upto a few local meets, but Im thinking of travelling a bit further now - heading around the country.
it cost £70 membership to ou regional club; and then £15 entrance fee for racing; which isnt oo bad, when u consider how good it is.....
nehow Im on the lookout for a new bike, gonna plum for a 125, either yam or honda - probably a cr125..... but gotta get a tow bar fitted to my car; how do u make a tow bar fit a psg2 rear??? arrrgh, just thought about that
Hillzlo

21st Apr 03 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by groom
i used to be in nemxc

Your 12, you don't count.
RichR
Premium Member

21st Apr 03 at 22:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so does ne1 know of ne message boards - or useful sites I could try - I live near stoke if it helps
Tiger

21st Apr 03 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to be into schoolboy trials, then i moved on and got a DT250 which was pretty cool - i used to go over the top and decided i better stop. If i had a bike i would go stupid on it and probably kill myself in the process so i dont have them anymore.
RichR
Premium Member

21st Apr 03 at 22:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive done quite a few r.r ( road races) at club level, on a rs125, mito 250 and a cbr 600; ive also dabbeld in trials - but more for fun than competition; but never done that much i nthe way of motorX; so fancy giving it a try
nik

21st Apr 03 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used to be into it and raced nationals in dh mountainbiking too. Toyed with the idea of getting a YZ250 for the summer but dont really need the hassle of servicing it every 5 mins again..
RichR
Premium Member

22nd Apr 03 at 21:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to race downhill - more dual tho to be fair.............really cood craic. Been otu today looking at a few bikes - saw a tidy cr 250 with carbon body panelsc ( one off\0 and graphics - looked mint
bradfincham

22nd Apr 03 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ho weird i have just sold my yamaha yz125 2002 for £2800! he he more mods for the car now!
used to ride a lot at chippenham (wildtracks) mildenhall elsworth and blaxhall pits! gave up cos of the car and cudnt tow bike at all!
the bike leaves me on friday, time for 1 last razz round the field 2moro i reckon
nik

22nd Apr 03 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If buying an mx bike privatly be VERY careful. A lot of bikes are made out to be newer than they actually are. It's easy to make a 1995 model look like a 1999 with new plastics etc etc so take someone along who knows what their doing
bradfincham

22nd Apr 03 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well all you have to do is check the numbers! i had a log book with mine saying what i paid for it and the engine frame number etc!
write down the frame number then ring a large reputbale dealer for that make and they will tell you the year!
like corby kawasaki etc
RichR
Premium Member

23rd Apr 03 at 08:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shouldn't be a problem, my uncle is a biek mechanic as well as havin done a load of racing-now his son (whos only 7) is racing mx..............Ive got my eye on a friend of miens bike neway, but it may be too big 4 me;
nehow my uncles gonna check nethiNG i LOOK AT, TO MAKE SURE ITS OK

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » motorcross 23 database queries in 0.0092051 seconds