corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Private plate retention question?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Private plate retention question?
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Jan 12 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can anyone tell me if going to my local DVLA to retain my plate gets it done instantly ?

Swapping my Golf and i want my new car yesterday.
Ecosse Sport

17th Jan 12 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It doesn't, but it can ensure that you don't loose the plate.

What I've done in the past is make a copy of the V5 before you go, supply the DVLA all the doc's they need and then give the person getting your car a copy of the V5 and receipt.

Then when you get the V5 back with the old number on just sign this and forward on to the new owner or send it back to the dvla with their details.

It's a hassle and the reason I avoid putting number plates on cars that I'm not going to keep long.
NovaGTE2

17th Jan 12 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You also may need an inspection done on the car when taking the plate off; its a random selection where you have to take the car to the dvla office at a set time/date to check the identity
big eck

17th Jan 12 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've swapped a lot of plates over from my cars and never once have they requested to Inspect it.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Private plate retention question? 23 database queries in 0.0098679 seconds