corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 2001 CORSA 1.2 5 DR...NO HEAT...HELP!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2001 CORSA 1.2 5 DR...NO HEAT...HELP!
tojoblu

User status: Offline
20th Jan 12 at 08:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Ian...Thx for the add...I bought my corsa about 6 months ago from a used car lot, and have never had any heat!...all four heater/blower level settings work fine but no heat!...and in the last week my engine light came on...checked oil, water etc...all ok...any suggestions would be welcome...thx...John.
johnhara1

20th Jan 12 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you change the dial from cold to hot, do you hear the mechanisms move behind the dash? if not, the cable may have came off so it's stuck on cold.

I had a similar problem in my vectra, in the summer but it was stuck on hot!

if it's not that, you may have an air lock and you should try bleeding the coolant system up by running it too temp with the cap off and the heaters on low until it gets warm. Then top the coolant up once it's cold.

Failing that, your heater matrix may be blocked. You could try cleaning and flushing the system then bleeding it again.

Failing that, you could well have a cracked head, waterpump issue or head gasket issues.

[Edited on 20-01-2012 by johnhara1]
Martin W
Organiser: South East
Premium Member

20th Jan 12 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could be an air lock. start car up take header cap off and see if there is any bubbles in the water.

New Poll