corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 4 pot front brake calipers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 4 pot front brake calipers
Alex_Rally

User status: Offline
24th Jan 12 at 06:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know u have got the kits u can buy like wilwood that are pretty much ready fit but there like 470quid.
i currently have for 256mm x24 astra brakes fitted, i cant use 280mm disc set ups as car runs 14inch rims for rallying.
how easy is it to but , for example fiat coupe 4 pots and make a braket for them. has anyone done this ??

or has anyone found any standard cars with 4 pots around the 256 size that will fit vauxhall corsas ????

[Edited on 24-01-2012 by Alex_Rally]
corsadonk
Premium Member

24th Jan 12 at 07:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The best thing with 4 pots is they're light, so they lower your unsprung weight. I had a set of wilwoods on my old Corsa and I had a pretty long pedal, like the 288's I had before. I would be surprised if Brembo 4 pots would do the same. I think the set up you've got is ideal, for short rally stages.
broster
Premium Member

24th Jan 12 at 07:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brembo calliper is very chunky and won't really be suited to the small disc, i would look at the small willwood range then make a bracket up
gazza808

24th Jan 12 at 07:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look at rx7 4pots,
i've fitted a couple of sets to cars now.

New Poll